Redhawk Caldera we climbed up to the top in worn out shoes
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She answered affirmatively and Peregrine weighed his options. He was not the type to go blathering about (inter)personal issues to perfect strangers, though he deliberated over whether to mention Peter's death and how it was affecting his pack mates, particularly his distraught nephew. He eyeballed Sasha as he contemplated, head tilted slightly to favor his good eye, teeth pressing gently into his tongue and leaving little indents in the pebbled pink flesh.

After a beat, he finally said, "All right, Sasha. I could actually use your skill set right now. But just know that if you don't measure up, I won't hesitate to toss you out. Everyone pulls their weight here." Peregrine paused, then added, "As your first task as a member of this pack, I want you to find our Beta female, Finley. She's a new mother, so don't go looking for her den. Just call for her. Tell her that you want to help her son, Eljay, deal with Peter's death, then ask if it's okay."

He drew in a long breath, then said, "If she says no, let me know. I may have other tasks for you." He thought of Ferret, Gannet and Whip, and how they were still struggling to accept and understand their little brother's absence. Then there was Jack, who could probably use some counseling after going through many huge life changes of his own. Really, if he thought about it, there were plenty of uses for a counselor around here.

"Do you have any questions for me? About your new home?" Peregrine queried.
Messages In This Thread
we climbed up to the top in worn out shoes - by Sasha - July 20, 2016, 10:18 AM
RE: we climbed up to the top in worn out shoes - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 22, 2016, 03:48 PM