Neverwinter Forest throw my fist
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Cypress tossed his head, his little body wrought with tension — stiffening his forelegs, he toddled threateningly in a half-circle around the rawhide, the furrow of his brow emphasizing the seriousness of the chew toy’s crimes. So focused was he on his mute interrogation that he did not notice the approach of his brother — his hearing, after all, was still muffled by his cotton-stuffed ears — and as Rannoch popped up beside him, tail enthusiastically whipping the soot sprite’s haunches, Cypress promptly jumped in surprise and fell clumsily into a heap. “Nah!” he squeaked out, his expression alight with joy as a smile tugged at the corners of his blunt muzzle. Throwing his head back with such alacrity that it toppled him to his side in a position of lateral recumbency, Cypress howled victory as he watched his brother worry the rawhide into submission. It was a thin, warbling, piping sound, but in his child’s mind, it was a battle cry as fierce as his father’s.

Gathering his growing limbs beneath him with somber concentration, Cypress bumbled over to his brother — and without the benefit of an entreating, “please, may I play, too?” — he lunged clumsily forward to grip part of the chew in his mouth with an playful, wickedly mischievous light in his sky blue eyes. The game had changed now — the chew, no longer a foe, was merely a chew, and something to be tussled over. His inky tail lashed the air vigorously — so vigorously, in fact, that the sway of his hindquarters caused him to plop into a sitting position as he lost his grip. “Nah!” squeaked the babe amidst a peal of childish laughter, silvery and pure of timbre, though in time it would deepen and settle into the honeyed Southern cadence of his mother’s lilt. “Me! Me!” “Give me!” was the translation to this abbreviated cry, but Cypress gave his brother a head start — chasing was half the fun! He shaped his chubby little body into a playful bow, wiggling his rump entreatingly, then bounded one stride forward.

“I’m going to get you!”
Messages In This Thread
throw my fist - by Cypress - July 19, 2016, 01:05 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 21, 2016, 08:45 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Cypress - July 26, 2016, 10:39 PM
RE: throw my fist - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 27, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Cypress - July 29, 2016, 01:05 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 01, 2016, 09:45 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Cypress - August 01, 2016, 10:33 PM
RE: throw my fist - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 02, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Cypress - August 02, 2016, 10:24 AM
RE: throw my fist - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 02, 2016, 12:55 PM