The Sentinels how terrible it is, to love something that death can touch
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Her heart was so full for a moment and if she strained hard enough she could hear Lasher's whispered praises to his daughter, her sweet gentle heart and her good sense prevailing in a time that was sensitive to many. Aria was angry - she felt slighted - perhaps she'd never encountered the nature of wolves when in cycle. Rowan was an unclaimed female in a pack lead by an unfettered male - why not? He was doing what came natural to him, as was she, and now she had children to protect. She couldn't break this girl's vision of her father and her Alpha though, and so Rowan could only do as she had with Casmir. "Still, as welcoming as the pack is, my children are a threat to any others that might have been born this season. Competing for resources, you see." By that point Osprey's children would be older and need less than hers would, it would have worked out. 

"I did." Rowan said quietly. "She was upset. It is the way of things, considering how...delicate the situation is after your father's passing." She still hoped that their actions had not taken the last of his strength, but she could never know. The spirits did not tell her that. Rowan smiled gently at the young girl, her heart full of life, of love. So young, so naive still. "They will have a wonderful sister to look up to in you, Deirdre. Now tell me, my sweet, what was it you had decided for yourself? Your other goals." 

She wanted desperately to talk of pleasant things, to not dwell on the sensation that this soon would be beyond her - that she would lose the home she loved, the family she had longed for. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
Messages In This Thread
RE: how terrible it is, to love something that death can touch - by Rowan Mayfair - July 27, 2016, 04:38 PM