Blackfeather Woods Once a year we celebrate
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A retort had swept its way along his tongue, but he'd kept his jaws clamped shut to prevent it from escaping. There was little he could say, anyways, that wouldn't result in the same situation he'd last been placed into. Thus, the best course of action, for the time being, was to stay silent. He knew he wasn't a child, and never did he view his own behavior as being immature, which was all that currently mattered. As long as he remained aware of his opinion towards himself, then all would be well.

Xan had been unable to correct his previously used tone, however, and his mistake was made known the moment his personal space was invaded. Of course, he'd responded by moving back for he'd never appreciated other bodies being so close to his own, as well as because there wasn't an ounce of trust within him that could be felt towards the Prince of Shadows. For him, fear could be felt, but never trust. At the end of the day, he'd sooner bet on a bird saving him than he would Damien. So when respect was brought up, he'd inserted his two cents into the subject by saying, "I understand it exists, but I can't give my respect to anyone unless they've earned it." In other words, he needed a real reason to obey, rather than only because he didn't want to be harmed.

What space had been taken up had been returned thereafter, but the steps that he'd taken himself were not given back. He'd stayed right where he'd previously relocated to, never against the idea of more space being given to him than absolutely necessary. He could still hear, and that was what was most important in that moment, for there'd come a question. Not a demand or command, but an actual inquiry. "I don't know," was all he'd been able to say in response to it at first, however, since that was the truth. He didn't yet know where he wanted to go, he just knew that he wanted to go somewhere. So he hadn't elaborated upon what he'd said, instead having asked, "Would it matter if I had an actual answer?" Xan didn't believe that it would. "You wouldn't care if I didn't come back, right?" In truth, the Inuit did not wish to leave, for the woods was where his family resided. But he felt that he needed to know what the answer would be.

I dunno what I'm doing, oops
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
Once a year we celebrate - by Xan - June 18, 2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Damien - June 18, 2016, 01:34 PM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Xan - July 27, 2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Damien - July 30, 2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Xan - August 04, 2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Damien - August 07, 2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Once a year we celebrate - by Xan - August 12, 2016, 12:37 AM