Moonspear what new magic does your heart hold
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Pyx could only imagine the great multitude of names for the stars. If each had it's own singular name...the sky was near to bursting with the dots to begin with. It boggled her mind. She nodded at Amekaze's response, it was reasonable. She herself hadn't put any thought into it yet either, minus the times she'd discussed it with Charon or Amekaze. "That makes sense. I had not either, not until we talked about it now. I feel that's only natural though, to wait until you have the children or even until you see them. It makes sense to me, at least."

So Amekaze had been named for the weather during her birth. It was very interesting to Pyx. What would her name had been if the sky was clear? If it had snowed, or hailed? Now Amekaze asked a question of her own and Pyx shrugged, shaking her head. "I honestly don't know. It wasn't...something we discussed. None within my pack had sirenames that I knew of. Perhaps if they had come from without, they did." 

She paused, thinking if she'd ever heard mention of them. "Mostly, I guess, we would use our pack name as a last name. Though...not in the same sense as you use your sirename. We lived close to other packs, so our introductions would be: 'I am Pyx, of Moonspear Mountain.' It's not something I think anyone ever thought to not include, it just...simply wasn't a custom of ours, if that makes sense." Her eyes lit up for a moment.

"Although, we sometimes had wolves who would name themselves for their father, if their father was great. For example, Talon Oakson. His Father, Oak, was the leader of the pack before him. He didn't pass it to his children though. It was mainly used for posturing and intimidating." She supposed if she wanted a name for herself she could take either parent's name, simply adding kin on the end since she wasn't actually a son. Pyx Calixkin or Pyx Daiakin sounded odd even in her mind though, and she pushed the idea away for now.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - August 15, 2016, 09:17 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - August 17, 2016, 02:01 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - August 18, 2016, 01:57 AM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - August 19, 2016, 11:25 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - August 23, 2016, 01:53 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - August 24, 2016, 04:03 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - August 24, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - August 26, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - August 27, 2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - August 29, 2016, 08:36 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - September 06, 2016, 12:24 AM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - September 06, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - September 13, 2016, 02:44 AM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Pyx - September 14, 2016, 07:18 PM
RE: what new magic does your heart hold - by Amekaze - September 21, 2016, 02:57 AM