Horizon Ridge Start today and make a new ending
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Verrine was surprised by how verbose the pale guardian was, and listened to him intently. He acknowledged each of their proffered strengths and addressed them individually. Verrine thought that Julooke might find a niche for herself here after all; there seemed to be quite a need for those with medical skill, and he'd watched her learn and develop her knowledge in the time he'd known her. She was a pretty adept huntress too -- certainly faster and more stealthy than he'd ever be.

As for himself, he figured he'd just fall in wherever he was needed most. The pewter male, who had introduced himself as Ragnar, informed them that he was the lead guardian here. It sounded as if they were well-fortified, and Verrine believed it, for it hadn't taken long at all for someone to respond to their summoning howl. Ragnar said something about an Outrider, which was unclear to Verrine, but he nodded anyway and replied, "I'm not sure what an Outrider is, but I'll help wherever I'm needed. It'd be an honor to train alongside you. And if that bear ever comes back, he'll have one more warrior to go through." He flashed a toothy grin up at Ragnar who, a moment later, formally welcomed them into the pack and invited them to enter their territory. Verrine dipped his head low in a deep gesture of acknowledgement, thanks, and appreciation for the welcome. He was relieved that they would now have the support of a pack, that Julooke would now have a safe place to call home, and that they could begin to forge a new future for themselves.

When Ragnar inquired about their time on the move, Julooke replied and Verrine didn't feel he needed to add anything to that. That time had belonged to Julooke; he'd only played a supporting role in it. A few moments later, he thought to ask more information of the pack, "Ragnar, I'm just curious. How large is our pack? Do we have any alliances or rivalries I should know of?"
Messages In This Thread
Start today and make a new ending - by Julooke - May 16, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Verrine - May 17, 2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Ragnar - May 17, 2014, 05:47 AM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Julooke - May 17, 2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Verrine - May 19, 2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Ragnar - May 20, 2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Julooke - May 20, 2014, 07:23 PM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Verrine - May 21, 2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Ragnar - May 22, 2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Julooke - May 22, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: Start today and make a new ending - by Verrine - May 28, 2014, 11:17 AM