Ravensblood Forest the seeds of promise
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Sure. :-) You can either reply once more or archive as is. ^-^

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Furiosa left them with a snark grin upon her muzzle and a wink in his direction. Arturo watched his red herring go in a contemplative silence before his attention returned to Isley when the fire kissed woman fell into step beside him. She informed him that she and Palisander had given no thoughts to children or one another. Her words worked to assuage the gangster who, previously, had not made his stance on breeding and that his permission was required or else during any of his recruiting meetings; and while he had not given it much thought previously Furiosa had pushed it to the forefront of his mind and until he made things clear it would continue to worry away at him. She spoke that she would not want to jeopardize children or The Family. He offered a sage nod of his head, contemplating for a few seconds more before he gave his head a cant and fixed her in a singular eye. “I will address this at the meeting, but since Furiosa brought it up: I like to think I'm not an unreasonable man, Isley. If you desire children in the future and it becomes Palisander's desire too, I only ask that you seek my permission first. I will assess how the pack is doing, and if I think they can support children. Pups are a lot of work not just for the parents but the pack as a whole. I'm not saying that you would conceive without my permission, nor am I saying you don't understand the work they require — I'm merely stating in general that I will not tolerate conception without my permission. I will decide the consequences case by case, if it should ever happen. I've never had to and I hope I never will; nevertheless it's important we're all on the same page about it.” Especially since there was an influx of women of breeding age in Teaghlaigh.

“Good.” He was pleased that she was willing to help, if her herbs and the like were needed. Arturo himself fully intended to sire a litter in the coming year. As it stood, he would have liked to have had one during this year but the famine had messed all of his carefully composed plans forcing him to regroup and start all over. Nevertheless, it did bring him Chusi whom he treated as if she were his own daughter despite that she was not of his flesh and blood. “I desire to have more children next year.” Arturo commented, a bit absently, dividing his attention between his thoughts, their patrol and Isley. Who knew? Perhaps he would sire more than one litter into the world. His ambitions were high, as they'd always been, but it was no secret that Arturo adored children (all one had to do was watch him with Chusi) and the more children he was surrounded by, be it his own or other's, the happier he tended to be.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
the seeds of promise - by Hemlock - September 25, 2016, 01:36 PM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Arturo - September 28, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Furiosa - October 01, 2016, 09:49 AM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Hemlock - October 02, 2016, 02:27 PM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 03:18 PM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Furiosa - October 02, 2016, 03:50 PM
RE: the seeds of promise - by Hemlock - October 08, 2016, 11:14 PM