Ravensblood Forest when i've achieved what i set out to achieve
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
This time, Muses had not wondered if she had wandered too far from home. She could still not sleep at night, and was more than happy to keep her adventures to late nights where she found she could not soothe her restless paws. The mountains she had passed were practically calling to her, and she knew that she could avoid them no longer. She only had to go out and see their peaks with her own eyes, to know that they truly existed. Perhaps then, she would be satiated.  Now that she was alone, she traced her way back towards the taiga, wondering how far she dared go until she turned back. Instead of following the shore, she made her way along transitional lands, where the coast dared to become a forest that extended out east and to the unknown. Although she was familiar with forests, these too seemed odd to her. She shook her head without breaking the pace of her stride. What a strange world she had found herself in, with strange wolves and their strange traditions. Even though she had already decided she loved Donnelaith and all of its wolves, it was still jarring to think a female could lead a pack - and a young one at that! Still, she admired Deirdre's tenacity, and refused to allow her support waver over petty details such as age and gender. After all, Muses had long fought against such prejudices herself.

With her mind enveloped in daydreams of the future, and what path her new life might take, she barely paid any attention to the world around her. She was only vaguely aware of where she was going, vaguely aware that she was not putting herself in any danger, or so she thought. Time had escaped her, and before she knew it, the sun was already beginning to peak over the horizon. When next she bothered to look up, the sky was ablaze with colours so wondrous, she had to stop and stare. Her mouth hung agape, tongue lolling as she marveled at the beauty above her. This magical world never ceased to amaze her, and never a day passed where she could not find herself thankful for something. Slowly, without realizing it, her tail had begun to fan behind her as she savored the small moment of joy. In her mirror gaze, the colours were reflected, the pale silver masked by bursts of pink, yellow, orange, purple, and navy. For a split second, she herself was as dazzling as the dawn's light. And then she turned away and trotted onward, immediately breaking the spell. She felt compelled to move, perhaps unconsciously registering the sound of another creature stirring in the distance.

It was not a minute after when she happened upon a creature on patrol. She stopped abruptly, staring in open curiosity. She had never seen a coywolf before, and did not realize what was in front of her. He smelled just like the lands, she thought, until it occurred to her that perhaps it was the lands that smelled like him. Sighing in audible relief, she thanked the gods that she had stopped when she had, or else she would have unwittingly waltzed right into someone else's territory. Then, a second wave of realization crashed into her. She was damn close to another territory. Pinning her ears, she exclaimed a little "Oh!" And stepped back. A third epiphany came when she noticed that to the north and east of where she could, she could clearly see the towering mountains she longed to visit. So close.
Messages In This Thread
when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - October 30, 2016, 05:41 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 10, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 12, 2016, 05:39 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 12, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 15, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 20, 2016, 06:05 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 20, 2016, 08:10 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 24, 2016, 06:33 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - December 04, 2016, 01:02 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:50 AM