Totoka River Flowers are happy things.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Julooke had always been the friendly type, so long as the wolf in front of her was, as well. Even then, she did her best not to be rude, even if they were. So, when the male appeared, submissive and not aggressive, it never occurred to her to be anything but welcoming and nice.

He didn't offer his name, and she didn't ask for it, figuring maybe he was the private type. He seemed unsure about fishing, though. It was obvious he had never done it, but Julooke was no stranger to fishing or to teaching. Not a problem! she said confidently. Come on in, I'll show you how to do it. She stepped to the side, offering him some room beside her in the river.

One of the hardest things for me to learn about fishing was being still. I'm always hyper and being still isn't easy for me, she said, smiling to him. So, one of the first things you want to do is find a good position. Ideally, you want to be facing upstream, with the sun in front of you so your shadow doesn't scare the fish. The sun is already set enough that shadows aren't an issue today, she added. She planted her paws in the silt of the bed of the river. Next, you want to make sure that you have a sturdy stance, that way when you go for a fish, you won't slip and fall. She waited to see if he needed to get comfortable. And, then, you just wait for the right fish to come along. They're super fast, you just have to be faster. Don't go for ones that are too far away. It may take a little time and patients, but one will come along. She turned her face towards the water, watching the fish swim along the banks. They were making too much noise and moving too much for the fish to want to swim near them. Go ahead and try, she said, giving him the lead. She would make sure to keep still, not going for any fish that came her way, and instead letting him try his paw at it.

Messages In This Thread
Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - May 31, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - May 31, 2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - May 31, 2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - May 31, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 01, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 01, 2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 01, 2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 01, 2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 02, 2014, 08:55 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 02, 2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 02, 2014, 07:50 PM