Totoka River Flowers are happy things.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He'd caught her name, but hadn't responded in kind. It did not take him long to remember his manners. "Thank you. My name is Dante. I'm newly arrived to these parts." He didn't go any deeper into the subject... most new meetings didn't start off with a description of one's life story. Besides, he wasn't big on sharing about himself. Didn't feel like it mattered that much to anyone else where he'd been so long as he was there at that moment.

Dante listened attentively as she explained her methods, setting his large paws in the mud of the bottom and keeping them comfortably spaced. He stared at the fish milling a ways off, their movings having scared them away from their area. "Patience, huh? Well, at least that is one thing I have." Speed... we'll see about that. He supposed his reflexes weren't that bad... he managed well enough in a fight or a hunt. But he probably wouldn't be nearly as quick as she was.

Dante watched carefully as the fish began to once more venture into their parts. Slowly they began to flit by, closer and closer. After a while, judging one that was swimming to be passing close enough to grab, he snapped at the water, almost overbalancing himself. He straightened, blinking water at his eyes, and smiled sheepishly. "Guess not quite enough, though." He'd misread the fish's path and thought it would be closer than it had been. "Suppose it takes practice. You do this often?" He was semi-curious. The packs he had been in before chased dry land game and he had never known any of them to fish much. If the packs around here looked to the rivers for food often then it was probably good that he was getting a lesson sooner than later.
Messages In This Thread
Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - May 31, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - May 31, 2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - May 31, 2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - May 31, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 01, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 01, 2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 01, 2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 01, 2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 02, 2014, 08:55 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Dante RIP - June 02, 2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Flowers are happy things. - by Julooke - June 02, 2014, 07:50 PM