Swiftcurrent Creek Coast is clear
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Despite his hard words, Peregrine nuzzled the soft fuzz atop Ty's head before looking to Fox and falling into step beside her. The two adults walked a few dozen yards, Peregrine shooting glances over one ebony shoulder at thirty-second intervals to keep an eye on his daughter. When he felt they were far enough away, he stopped. Fox stopped at exactly the same moment, which amused him.

"Ty and the kids know all about this but I didn't want to bring it up in front of her because I'm sure it's tough on them," the swarthy male said. "Their mother," he began without beating around the bush, "and I, we've separated." He mused about how he tended to refer to his former mate by various titles rather than by name, as if it was too bitter for his mouth. "We just did everything too fast. We put the cart before the horse and, well, crashed downhill."

Peregrine paused, casting a solemn glance in his pup's direction, then looked Fox squarely in the face. "And this is something I haven't told the kids for reasons that will become obvious: she also cheated on me," he said, deciding not to mention his brother's involvement specifically, "which was the biggest deal-breaker of all for probably obvious reasons. As I mentioned to you the last time we spoke, I'm not a cheater, nor do I put up with cheaters." He let out a long, low breath.

He gave her a moment to process, then felt it was necessary to add, "I wanted to tell you because you're my friend but also because..." Peregrine hesitated for a long beat, mentally warring with himself. What his feral side wanted to say was, Well, I'm free now if you wanna be friends with benefits, or something along those lines. Too soon, the nobler side of his conscience whispered. Peregrine compromised and eventually quipped, "I wanted you to know you're free to flirt with me as shamelessly as you like." He winked.

Laughing quietly, he said, "Any adult biz you'd like to convey yourself before I have to go back and corral the mini?"
Messages In This Thread
Coast is clear - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 31, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Tytonidae - June 01, 2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Fox - June 01, 2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 01, 2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Tytonidae - June 01, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Fox - June 01, 2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 01, 2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Tytonidae - June 01, 2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Fox - June 01, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 01, 2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Coast is clear - by RIP Fox - June 05, 2014, 08:11 PM