Dragoncrest Cliffs i'm meaner than my demons
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
i think your translation was fine? sometimes i have trouble getting eske's speech to translate correctly so i kind of...improvise or give up and have her speak "common tongue". :P

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske watched as the older girl looked to her, and she stared back unfazed and unafraid. The Gona was plenty skilled enough to handle her own in a fight, should it become necessary. She did not fear the thrill of the fight. In fact, there was a part of her that craved it. Fortunately, this did not seem like it was to become necessary. Eske's attention was drawn back in when a name was given to her. Seregryn, which took Eske by surprise only for a moment. To the Drakru, it meant that this newcomer understood Trigedasleng, thus the only plausible conclusion that Eske could draw was that the older girl, like Tanja, Heda and her father came from Seageda. As with Tanja, this was not enough to curb Eske’s weariness. From Seageda or not she was still a stranger. Eske took a moment to contemplate Seregryn's words of familiarity and assurance that she hadn't been following the Drakru. This brought with it a tiny bit of relief but still, Eske chose to remain weary. She did not recall Seregryn’s appearance, smell, or name and thus was left to her conclusion that they'd never met before. It occurred to her after a bit that she resembled Gavriel in her coat coloration and wondered if, perhaps Seregryn knew of him and that was why Eske was deemed as familiar.

Seregryn continued to speak, drawing back Eske’s attention from those thoughts, a stiff nod offered by the warrior princess when it was noted that she (Seregryn) had been patrolling. Just like Eske herself. Ai op,” Eske replied after a moment. She didn’t apologize for assuming (or being wrong), seeking to brush her miscalculation under the rug with a simple rise and fall of her shoulders in a shrug. Yo ste kom Seakru?” Eske inquired with a slight rise of her muzzle. She didn’t know for sure how many branches that Heda commanded and Seageda was the only one that she was aware of. Thus, she assumed that Seregryn hailed from them whether it was true or not. After a moment of further deliberation she silently invited Serergryn to join her patrol with a gesture of her muzzle, though she waited to see whether the older girl would agree and follow or remain where she was. Du yo get ai nontu? Gavriel?” Eske inquired, unable (and perhaps in this unwilling) to stifle her curiosity.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
i'm meaner than my demons - by RIP Blodreina - December 25, 2016, 12:13 PM
RE: i'm meaner than my demons - by Seregrýn - December 25, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: i'm meaner than my demons - by RIP Blodreina - December 26, 2016, 05:21 AM
RE: i'm meaner than my demons - by Seregrýn - December 26, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: i'm meaner than my demons - by RIP Blodreina - December 28, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: i'm meaner than my demons - by Seregrýn - January 03, 2017, 01:11 AM