Firefly Glen Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?"
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
There was within her no desire to return home—not in that moment, anyways. Since leaving the lair, she had felt the sinking sensation of homesickness several times, but never had it been strong enough to drag her back. Not only that, but her quest kept her out and about, unable to return to her domain without the other Draconid at her side. She could not stand the thought of disappointing her mother, nor could she feel anything less than sorrow over the notion that she might never return home—well, prior to discovering the glen, that is. Now, after all of her terrible thoughts had been shed, she was not overly eager to return. Airi was fine, she was certain of that, and could survive being away from the cavern for as long as it took for the middle child to come back to her senses. Though, with the boy there to speak such sweet words into her ears, it was hard to tell when she might remember the true reason for her departure from home.

Kaori did not—could not—look up for, perhaps, the hundredth time. Her eyes were trained on the earth, studying the soft terrain but retaining few memories of its simplistic appearance. She was glad to have found the territory, and it seemed as if she wasn’t the only one. Intending to look back up at him, she started to lift her head but stopped suddenly, frozen. He had crept closer, his warm breath fanning out over her and sending a chill down her spine. As if that wasn’t enough, he whispered to her—to most, a mere whisper was of little importance, but to her it was something else entirely. It made her heart leap in her chest, pounding against her ribs almost painfully whilst a breath became trapped in her throat. This, she knew, was not at all normal. Never before had she reacted in the same way towards anyone, and so she was terribly confused but, at the same time, captivated.

“I-I... ” she stammered, eyes snapping up to meet his own. “I’m sorry, I—” Cutting herself off, she resisted the urge to hide her face. Kaori held his gaze though her voice would not work, unable to break away. She wondered if her mother had ever been in a similar situation, and even tried to figure out how she would respond, but to no avail. The raven, silent and hesitant, was not her mother. Whatever regal bearings Asterr may have been able to summon during a similar confrontation, her daughter could not. All she could do was stare, losing herself within the light of his glowflies.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?" - by Kaori - March 27, 2017, 11:03 PM
RE: Sayin' "who are you and where are you from?" - by Kaori - April 01, 2017, 06:54 PM