north sea storm
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Two days is not an unreasonable wait at all and it is never OK to skip someone after such a short time. Skipping someone in the posting order is actually a very rude breach of etiquette here at Wolf and will get you into trouble. Try not to make a habit of it, okay? You can always send a reminder via PM if you feel someone is holding up a thread too long, but 2-4 days is actually pretty average. It's generally only acceptable to skip someone if it's been a week or more, but always try to avoid skipping them if you can.

Before long, a figure appeared across the water that separated them from the island itself. Coated in the colors of the wind-tossed sand itself, she was a lovely creature and the sun gleamed brightly on her buff tones and pale eyes. Ragnar spoke with authority as he addressed her, and his message left nothing unclear. Verrine was deferently silent as his leader delivered his warning, as was Julooke. Neither of them had much to add to it, and really, he wasn't sure if he had the right to anyway. He was still fairly new to the Ridge, despite the fact that he already felt intensely devoted and loyal to it.

The stranger's response, though. Such arrogance. Such blind foolishness. Did she not realize how thin the ice was for the isle wolves? Did she think they were stupid? They had maintained a respectful distance from the pack's actual boundaries, well into neutral ground away from the island proper. And to be accused of trespassing by a member of a pack that was, in every way, trespassing on the packs who had already been here was nothing short of…well, he couldn't decide if it was hilarious or infuriating. "We took you for fools the moment you set up housekeeping a stone's throw from our pack. Your actions moving forward have the power to change that, though, if your leader wishes." There was no aggression in his voice or his manner; rather, his words were serious and earnest. As much as this whole situation pissed him off and he wanted nothing more than to see them vacate the island, he wasn't a bloodthirsty wolf by nature and didn't want to see this come to blows. A few beats later, a hint of amusement entered his voice as he added, "But I doubt we have much to fear from a pack whose scout doesn't even know where her own boundaries lie. We're well away from your island. And considering you're a rookie pack who settled here with absolutely no consideration for the two older, larger packs that live around here, I'd be careful with that 'trespasser' word if you truly want to avoid bloodshed."
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
north sea storm - by Ragnar - May 29, 2014, 08:24 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - May 29, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 02, 2014, 11:49 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ragnar - June 03, 2014, 08:30 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - June 04, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 06, 2014, 01:24 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ypres - June 07, 2014, 02:43 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Ragnar - June 07, 2014, 07:38 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - June 09, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ypres - June 11, 2014, 05:39 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 12, 2014, 01:05 AM