Blacktail Deer Plateau I call through the fog
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[mate] Hi there

As it were this was Blue's first time staying in a den, and she mostly did to keep her herbs safe and dry. It was also convenient when another was sick to keep them in a warm dry place, though she slept outside sometimes, having grown up knowing that way and nothing more.

Blue lay in the grass with her tail over her nose as shudders rocked her body. It was foolish to be this frightened of an old time memory returned to her on a devils wings to plague her dreams. She just couldn't help. She remembered well the howls in the dark as her father and she and her mother had made it to a border where they had been accepted before for their stories. Only to find a warring pack and a savage one had taken over it. She had been young and hadn't understood at the time that the males wanted her and her mother and her father refused. All she remembered was the harsh moon light slanting across her father's scarred face and the otherworldly light that had lit them as the wolf that had met them lunged. She remembered the screams and growls and the grunts as they fought and blood poured from her father and the other to rain like hell fire to the ground. At a howl more had come and she had run at her father's insistence her mother beside her with tears falling from her eyes as she ran keeping stride. It had been 3 days before she saw her father again, and he never spoke of it, just let them fix his wounds. It had been a full season before they had went to another border, her father flatly refusing. Late at night when all was quiet it came to her sometimes the fear as she ran. The fear for her father's life and the fear for the howls that she had heard for days afterwards as they looked for them, not realizing until much later her father had killed that wolf at the borders had fought him until he died.

Blue heard the soft deep voice calling to her and she closed her eyes tight. Of course it would be the wolf she was fast having feelings for that would find her laying prone to the ground shaking like a child. Nightmares should not do this to a full grown wolf they just shouldn't, and she was laying there with her tail over her nose and hiding. She sighed and stood quietly Right here. Then she kept her eyes downcast as she sat down, her skin warming quickly beneath her pelt in embarrassment. It was a child's fear, that still held fast to the fully grown wolf that sat before him.
Messages In This Thread
I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 09, 2014, 06:13 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Atticus - June 12, 2014, 02:02 AM
RE: I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 12, 2014, 09:16 AM
RE: I call through the fog - by Atticus - June 12, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 12, 2014, 12:48 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Atticus - June 12, 2014, 12:59 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 12, 2014, 01:12 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Atticus - June 12, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 12, 2014, 01:48 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Atticus - June 13, 2014, 10:25 PM
RE: I call through the fog - by Blue Willow - June 13, 2014, 10:30 PM