Redhawk Caldera something always brings me back to you.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Finley's words rang true for Elwood, too. He couldn't deny that he had sheltered his children. He was just as guilty as she was. And while they both knew it was natural for young adult wolves to leave their natal packs and move on, it just didn't seem right; Redhawk Caldera had always been home to their family, and it was hard to imagine it without each and every Blackthorn.

But they had been forced into that reality some time ago, when Lucy disappeared, and now it was happening again. This was different, but it wasn't any less painful. But Finley was right; he, too, had departed from the comfort of his own family -- following at his sister's heels -- without regret. It would seem that they needed to learn to let go, just as their own parents had.

"We may have babied them a little," he agreed sheepishly. "But I don't think they're totally unprepared. Eljay wouldn't like it, but I think he would be able to take care of himself if he were to ever leave the caldera. Lagan, too." He paused, then added with a small smile, "And Liffey just takes after you more than we realized. She's independent."
Messages In This Thread
something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 20, 2017, 04:14 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 23, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 27, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 28, 2017, 08:36 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - May 08, 2017, 10:00 AM