Redhawk Caldera i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm going to leave posting loose with no order or necessary rounds. Hopefully that will keep things flowing smoothly!

There is only a moment of what Thuringwethil expects to be a mix of relief and tension. All they had to do is waiting at this point and they’ll have answers. Or they won’t. Either way, they’ll know where to go after this. She remains steady on her feet as they wait, her head held at attention with as much relaxation as she can manage and her tail hangs low, hoping to ease some of the tension when they arrive.

When the blur of red blows past her, she snaps her head to attention to call after her daughter but she’s quickly silenced by the broken body in the distance. Thuringwethil staggers a few steps in her direction but she steels herself upon the sound of a garbled howl near the borders. Everything else happens quickly after that as another wolf arrives next to the caller, then another. She bites her tongue but remains in place, turning back quickly to eye Portia out of the group. “Go to her, now,” she demands of the healer.

The fact Eljay gets a little attention for a moment gives her time to recompose herself. She wants nothing more than to throw herself at her mate but her daughter has taken to her side. “Artaax, go,” she says a beat later when she finds her son’s attention.

The rest of the wolves relatively stay in place but she does not blame them, thankful for the stoicism in the moment to prevent any further chaos. Even Eljay remains in place despite the beckon of what she assumes are his family. Knowing her mate is in good hands, and the fact she can’t do anything but get in the way, she’s able to listen to the male that approaches as he introduces himself. She glances to the other two women but settles firmly on Elwood.

“I’m Thuringwethil, commander of Drageda,” she says, though can’t stifle the awkward cough, “and I’m not entirely sure what is happening and it looks to be the same for you.” Her head turns to her mate, keeping an eye on her still to hold back her urges to break way. “Wildfire is my mate and she left us nearly two months ago to visit her family here. We have been searching for her when she did not return and found her guard dead in the mountains and we came here to see if she made it but…” she trails off and finally takes a few steps in Wildfire’s direction, uncertain what to really say to that. She hadn’t been in the territory of the caldera and they all seemed just as confused as they are.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm - by Antumbra - October 02, 2017, 09:03 AM