Horizon Ridge Love without end
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I do too but on the other hand I'm pretty proud of him for saying no. xD

Ragnar, himself, had not failed to see the pattern of tragedy that clung to the Ridge like a cursed veil. Two tragedies had taken both of their previous alphas. He trusted Odinn’s word that he would live a full and prosperous life, yet, the pattern indicated that if they didn’t move, besides the simple fact that eventually Isle wolves would migrate onto their hunting grounds, or the bear would come back and take more lives, that he would be the next in line to be extinguished by some sort of freak tragedy (of course they only assumed Akhlut was deceased because they really didn’t know). He had too much to live for, his family at least, if nothing else. “I know the power I hold,” He could command them to do anything he wanted and they would have to listen unless they left but he was not an abuser of power. He had worked hard to earn their loyalty and it was that loyalty that made them rally behind him. “Power is a dangerous thing, my love and not for every wolf,” Ragnar spoke in a softer, contemplative tone. “It can be abused very easily. I will not force anyone to attend and at the risk of upsetting those that are loyal to me I will sacrifice the largest of them far away.” Because he cared about his subordinates and their opinions, which was why he intended to go it with no one the wiser besides those who were of his faith. “I would never force anyone to believe in my Gods or accept my faith. I only ask that they respect it. That is all I have ever asked.” And as far as the Viking was concerned: it was not a lot to ask.

He was not like Björn or Váli. Ragnar refused to let power change him. He wasn’t a tyrant, after all. "The Festival of Uppsalla is meant to be enjoyed but also to pay homage to the Gods. If they attend and enjoy themselves, whether they believe or they don't, it all that is required." He added after a few quiet moments.

“It will be their choice,” No one but Julooke and Verrine could make it for them, not Ragnar and not Thistle. Ragnar, if they did ever get around to braving that final step, could only give them his permission and nothing more. The rest was up to them.

Messages In This Thread
Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 21, 2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Love without end - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 08:30 AM
RE: Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 22, 2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Love without end - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Love without end - by Ragnar - June 24, 2014, 07:17 AM
RE: Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 24, 2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Love without end - by Ragnar - June 25, 2014, 07:41 AM
RE: Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 08:11 AM
RE: Love without end - by Ragnar - June 25, 2014, 10:42 AM
RE: Love without end - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 11:14 AM