A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh]
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
shiz gettin' real for Nightingale >.>

A flash of utmost shock flashed across Nightingale's face, and she sat silent for a few minutes, staring at Ferdie. Bazi had told everyone that Ferdie attacked me? He didn't even touch me! Why would she spread lies like that? I thought... The fish she had eaten seemed to rise back up to her throat. Her mind was torn. She was hurt. She felt betrayed by the arctic wolf, though she had done nothing correctly. But with her feelings of betrayal rose feelings she was ashamed of, but couldn't help. Feelings of hatred. Feelings of pain and a thirst of vengeance. Not a deadly vengeance, but vengeance nonetheless. Her green eyes looked stormy as she looked away for a few minutes, angry thoughts threatening to spill out. I felt guilty for her! Guilty! I felt guilty for coming into Swiftcurrent Creek! I felt guilty because I thought I had wedged between a bond as close as father-and-daughter! And then--! Then she just betrays Ferdie like this! Betrays a wolf she could have considered a father! Does she not realize how much she's hurt Ferdie for spreading lies like that?! Does she not care?!

As her thoughts grew more heated, she soon realized she was letting off a low growl. The first genuine growl she ever made in front of Ferdie. It was certainly a dark growl, full of malicious intent. Whatever bonds she may have made with Bazi have now been severed because of that arctic wolf's actions. She was no longer a friend in Nightingale's eyes. Cutting off her growl short, she turned back to look up at the other wolf again, her eyes still stormy.

"I'm sorry for doing that just now, Ferdie... It's just... I would have never expected for Bazi to pull something like that. I think I'm just getting a little worked up right now..." And I had the nerve to give her a good-bye gift... she thought to herself, remembering the fish. Speaking of, she turned back towards Ferdie's catch, quickly finishing it off in silence.

Aryn blinked, dumbfounded. She stared at Nightingale. Even during their rigorous training, she had never heard Nightingale growl so low and threateningly. It was kind of creepy, coming from such a small wolf, but it was definitely effective. She ruffled her feathers again to shake off the feeling of uneasiness and turned back to Ferdie, giving an embarrassed hoot, but the hoot held a hint of pride as well. "You are too kind, Ferdie... I think I will stay in the territory of the Sunspire with you. In return for letting me use your caches, I will do my part to keep them filled."
Messages In This Thread
A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh] - by Nightingale - June 23, 2014, 11:40 PM
RE: A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh] - by Nightingale - June 27, 2014, 04:43 AM