A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh]
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
"Training." The wolf and the owl said in unison before looking at each other. Aryn stepped forward, with her feathers puffed up in pride. "Ferdie, I present you a wolf with the mind filled with both the names of the stars and the scents of the wind. Nightingale has learned the brilliance of navigating with the night sky and the secret to predicting an oncoming storm. Not only that, you could take her name to heart, for the pup who stands before you could ride the winds like a bird."

Nightingale giggled, successfully distracted by the change of subject. "Well, hold on to that last part, Aryn." She glanced back at Ferdie, explaining, "Aryn has not only taught me how to check the weather and navigate via stars, but she has also told me how to use my leg muscles correctly to get exceedingly high arcs in my jumps, and to tell when a wind is coming, so I can reach the peak of my arc at just the right moment to ride it for maybe a second at most, though Aryn seems to think that's considered flying."

"Of course that's flying! That's exactly what flying is!" the owl hooted indignantly, "I tell you, if the wind you caught was storm-strong, you'd fly for more than just a second!" The storm-chaser of an owl hooted. "But you were to chicken to."

"I wasn't too chicken, I just thought it was suicidal." Nightingale finished, turning back to Ferdie. "I just wanted to find something that made me unique. That made me an asset to the pack."
Messages In This Thread
A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh] - by Nightingale - June 23, 2014, 11:40 PM
RE: A Long Road Home [IC Re-Joining? Heh] - by Nightingale - July 02, 2014, 07:47 AM