Duck Lake Awakening
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
First of all, thanks for responding, you two! :D Secondly, since Bazi is hiding, I’m not even going to mention her in the post. If and when she decides to pop out and probably scare the shit out of my Red, then I’ll bring her into my replies. <3 Oh, also, @Bazi, I think I plan on going to SS. I’m mostly doing these first couple threads for roleplaying purposes. So no worries.

Due to the fact that I’m having Red mainly use body language as dialogue, I’m going to bold her body language like I would speech to make it easier to find the “words”. EDIT: There's no need to match the length, again. SECOND EDIT: I'm adding an ending onto this so it can be archived, since Haunter has gone inactive.

Red continued to stare at her reflection in the water, slowly growing more and more horrified as the seconds ticked by. Her name. What was her name? Where was she from? Who were her parents? Where had she grown up? And how had she gotten to this lake? These questions, as well as millions of others, zoomed around her head until she suddenly felt dizzy and an urge to sit down caused her rump to fall with a splash into the shallow water of the shoreline. She did not notice the water now seeping through her fur. She did not notice the dull ache in her neck that was caused by her continuous stare downward at her face in the lake.

She also did not notice, until it was almost too late, the sound and smell of an approaching wolf. She also smelled blood, though in her sudden panic she did not register it as duck blood. She smelled Wolf and Blood and bolted without thought. She did not stop until she was about halfway around the lake from the wolf who had approached her, and the offering of food was left on the ground, completely unnoticed. When she felt that she had a good enough head-start, she spun quickly around to face her potential enemy. She dropped to the ground, nearly lying on her belly, ears flat against her head and mouth closed - the Wolf equivalent of, “I’m frightened.”

This coywolf, you see, was not naturally a dominant female. She was not meant to order others around. She was the kind to give herself up and flop onto her back to wave her belly as a white flag. However, she also knew that this position was only given to packmates, and she was not part of a pack, nor did she know in the least the male who had dropped the food near her. She stared at him now from her position halfway around the lake from him. Or rather, she stared around him. Being a submissive wolf meant that you never looked directly into the face of a wolf who was in a higher position than you. That could be viewed as a challenge. She didn’t want a challenge. She wanted to live.

With a whine, she waved her tail side-to-side to say, “I’m friendly and I don’t want to fight.” She hoped the male would listen. She didn’t want to die so soon after awakening. On second though, why was she risking it at all? She had a clear exit as long as she ran the whole way, and she decided right then and there to take it. Without another thought, she fled from the lake, wondering where she was going to go now...
Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Red Wolf - July 07, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Awakening - by Haunter - July 07, 2014, 11:58 AM
RE: Awakening - by Bazi - July 07, 2014, 03:04 PM
RE: Awakening - by Red Wolf - July 07, 2014, 11:50 PM