ruby in the rough
<small><span style="color:#b9745e;letter-spacing:3px;">デクナッツ</span></small>
150 Posts
Ooc — Der
<style type="text/css">table.leaf {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/leafdertable2_zps189be8bb.png") no-repeat top center;border:0px solid #41390b;}</style>

In that sense they were the same, hurting others when they did not intend to. The wounds the little red wolf tended to inflict were more inward than outward, however. If he and she were ever to find themselves in a physical altercation, it would be easy to wager who the winner would be. Even so, she would not go down without leaving a few deep wounds of her own; and if she were still alive, she would ensure that scabs were always picked, healing prevented.

The tear was merely from her yawning, but he attempted to comfort her all the same, and she felt a now familiar prickling of her heart. She did not know why these feelings were present, having never truly experienced them before, and she was not sure whether she liked them. His boyish grin was marred with something quite unpleasant, and it ended up making him look rather wicked. She wanted to laugh, for if there was anything she had not yet experienced from Jace, it was that he was an evil wolf. Yes, he always argued with her otherwise, but his actions told otherwise.

"...but I know why I would like you to be here." She did not understand these words, but that and the way he moved brought a chill up her spine all the same.

Not smiling as he once more said his name, she felt her uneasiness increase as his own facial expressions were almost frenetic in how often they changed. Maybe he was picking up on her own tendency to be emotional, though before meeting him she had not known this about herself. He spoke, and he spoke too much truth. The thought of being ostracized scared her, and she knew that her fiery sprite of an Alpha would not be slow in discipline. After all, she was still a nobody. She had moved up higher in the ranks but was in the lower tier and had not quite proved herself. Her attempts to collect game were earnest but weak, and a recent pack hunt had proved this as well. Moreover, she seemed to have more interactions with members of The Sunspire than she did her own pack, but this fact did not mystify her as it should have. As he sat down, she looked up at him and knew he was the reason.

She had never confronted Fox about her budding friendship with Jace and honestly was afraid to. Not saying anything for a long while, she felt the urge to rest her head upon his shoulder. But she resisted, somehow knowing it was inappropriate. More time passed until the silence almost seemed impenetrable.

"T-tell me to go away," she said, verbalizing what he had not had the heart to say aloud. "Tell me, tell me to never come back. Tell me I'm nothing but an acquaintance to you and that it's time for us to part ways." Once more, a tear formed at the corner of her eye, then another one, then another one, though this time they were not from fatigue. She allowed it to gloss her pale green eyes and stubbornly refused to bat them away, even at they began to sting.

Messages In This Thread
ruby in the rough - by Leaf - July 10, 2014, 08:08 PM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Jace - July 11, 2014, 09:56 AM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Leaf - July 11, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Jace - July 11, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Leaf - July 11, 2014, 12:43 PM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Jace - July 11, 2014, 01:07 PM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Leaf - July 14, 2014, 09:02 AM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Jace - July 14, 2014, 10:59 AM
RE: ruby in the rough - by Leaf - July 15, 2014, 02:53 PM