Blacktail Deer Plateau easy does it
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Hope it is alright if I jump in! (: I wasn't here for Junior's disappearance, but I skimmed some of the threads to get a sense of what happened and hope I haven't overstated the pack's grief over her loss.

There was a heaviness in the air and a sorrow to the land that Kaihra had not noticed at first. Yet as she had begun to become more familiar with her surroundings she could not deny that the grief was there and still very strong. It mingled with the scent of her packmates, sometimes so overwhelmingly so that it caused her spine to prickle and her hackles to rise with unease. Kaihra could come to only one conclusion: that something had happened in these lands before her arrival, a dreadful thing that had left the land in mourning. What this was, she did not know.

Now as daylight dimmed, Kaihra couldn’t help but wish the sun to come back quickly and she hated it. She hated how the unsettling sorrow skewed her focus, how it clawed its way into her skin so deep that it had caused her to paw at the ground like a pup who didn’t know how to control her fear. Kaihra curled her lip. Stop it. She shut her eyes to drown out the darkening world and hoped it would bring her to her senses, and yet all it did was remind her that she shouldn’t have been scared in the first place, but rather have been paying attention to the world because if she had she would have noticed the scent of the approaching wolf before she was -

Kaihra snapped her eyes open and skidded to a rather ungraceful stop.

- right in front of her.

The she-wolf held the scent of a packmate, and one still bearing that same smell of grief she had noticed throughout the land. She seemed almost one with the shadows of the darkening sky, and Kaihra couldn't help but feel intimidated by her towering frame. Kaihra dipped her head in an immediate bow, her fur ruffled but her composure otherwise regained. ”Forgive me." She said, cursing herself for walking too fast, and for letting her fear distract her from the world. "I did not see you there."
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 13, 2014, 02:27 AM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 14, 2014, 02:15 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 15, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM