Stavanger Bay All that glitters
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
For a long, incomprehensible moment they simply stared at one another, standing opposite, the distance between them feeling understandably cool. Lately, it felt like all they did was fight with one another. Eitri and Kenna had fought a lot too, but then again Eitri hadn’t been the most faithful husband. They, too, loved each other too much to give up, despite Eitri’s unfaithfulness. Thistle and his fights felt like they happened over more …stupid things. Ragnar had never cheated; and he didn’t think he was wrong not wanting Crete’s sons to have Ragnar’s own ambition. Where Thistle saw it as a good thing, Ragnar did not. Ambition was a good thing in healthy moderation. A moderation Ragnar did not have. It would never be enough because he would always want more. There was no end to his ambition only to it’s beginning and the awful things it had made him do, whether he had reasons for it or not. He could always make reasons to suit what he wanted. Ambition made you forget who you owed loyalty too. It made you disobey. Which was why Ragnar was better either off on his own, or leading.

Ragnar was still as she drew nearer and though he allowed her to touch him he did not return them. Because he didn’t want to just forget their fight. Couples fought when something was the matter and they had a duty to try to fix what was wrong, for the children if not for themselves. "Lately we have been fighting more than we have done anything else," Somehow their discussion regarding Junior had turned out into a knock out, drag out fight that in the end had nothing to do with their little orphan girl. "There is something wrong and ignoring it is only going to make things worse," He told her softly, not because he wanted another fight but because he genuinely wanted to find the problem and work through it with her. "You remember I told you when you agreed to be my mate that I would not be your Prince Charming. You know what I am. Who I am." He wasn’t sure but all evidence began to point to the fact that it was him that was her problem. "If that is truly your problem I do not know how to fix it because I won’t change," Well the only solution, if Ragnar was her problem was simple. He didn’t like it because he was selfish and possessive but if he was making her that unhappy then it was kinder.

"I am not saying that Bragi does not need to be more respectful but what you said about his mother was cruel, Thistle. Not even what you said but how you said it," Ragnar was full aware that Bragi had said something similar in regards to Ragnar but Ragnar hadn’t taken offense to it. Whereas the boy had definitely taken offense to Thistle’s turn of them. "That is not you."

"I will talk to him about his treatment of wolves higher in the hierarchy." He couldn’t guarantee Bragi would listen, and if he was Ragnar’s son, then there was a good chance that he wouldn’t listen. Ragnar had been respectful to a degree but his ambition had caused him to disobey more than it did anything else during his teen years except when he had been leading the Berserkers.

Messages In This Thread
All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 09, 2014, 06:24 PM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 10, 2014, 07:04 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 11, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 12, 2014, 06:38 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 12, 2014, 08:50 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 13, 2014, 06:53 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 14, 2014, 06:33 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 14, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 15, 2014, 08:55 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 15, 2014, 09:20 AM