Stavanger Bay All that glitters
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I apologize for any typos this may contain and also autocorrect. xP

Ragnar had a brief moment, when he spoke the words regarding obedience, that perhaps he was beginning to turn into Björn, after all. That was something his elder brother would've said. With conviction and without mercy. If he doesn't like it he can go back to where he came from. Yet, the situation was so very different than anything that would have made Björn say that. His brother would say it on obedience period and while Ragnar expected his orders to be carried out, of course, he didn't mind that his subordinates had minds of their own. Sometimes, such as in the case with Thistle, they could make him pause and see an alternative option he hadn't and wouldn't have seen before. Prisoners was an entirely different vein, and besides it wasn't as if Claire was their only prisoner. He hadn't allowed Ollie and Olor to stay under the shelter of the den and there Beric was, coddling Claire because her feelings might of been hurt by being taken captive — or so Ragnar believed anyway, he didn't know for sure running off of assumption alone. And that was all it took to hurt her feelings then she had a life full of gut wrenching heartbreak before her because Ragnar had seen and done much worse than take another wolf captive. There would be worse things in Claire's life because, frankly, Ragnar's treatment of the prisoners was ten times better then anything they could've expected from Björn, probably Váli, too.

"I believe she understands the severity of her imprisonment well enough." Ragnar had spoken to her already. As far as Ragnar was concerned there was nothing left to tell her. "She does not know it yet, neither does Berix and I would see it kept so, but if and when her imprisonment ends she will have the same option Ollie and Olot have: if they wish to stay and become respectable members of the Bay they can," It was a stretch, granted, considering it would likely be very odd that any wolf they took prisoner would realistically want to stay after they were freed...but then again: Nerian had. She wasn't a prisoner and she was, technically, still his slave but that situation was totally different. She had much more freedom than a normal slave did and he had been meaning to free her for a while now, only he did not know how too without conveying that he wasn't continuing to push her away. Wasn't pulling her closer either, that option was expressively closed to him but still.

"They did not listen the first time. The wolf that had greeted Verrine, Julooke and I that day didn't even know her own borders and now she leads them. I do not hold my breath." Ragnar would try to prevent bloodshed but he made no promises either way. He was born for war, and though he did not want one at the end of the day all Ragnar knew was how to kill and raid; and the Isle wolves had already used up their one free chance. Ragnar was not a huge fan of second chances because he knew better: second chances were a waste because it was likely they would never change.

Messages In This Thread
All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 09, 2014, 06:24 PM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 10, 2014, 07:04 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 11, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 12, 2014, 06:38 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 12, 2014, 08:50 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 13, 2014, 06:53 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 14, 2014, 06:33 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 14, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: All that glitters - by Ragnar - July 15, 2014, 08:55 AM
RE: All that glitters - by Thistle Cloud - July 15, 2014, 09:20 AM