Blacktail Deer Plateau easy does it
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Get up? Surprise spiked Kaihra through and through, but she did not disobey her leader. She eased herself from the ground into as much of a stand as she could muster, all the while shushing the wariness that still lingered in her bones as she heard Fireblaze tear like her namesake away from the clearing. Kaihra had anticipated staying on the ground until the alpha had moved on. That was how it had worked at home, and that was how she’d readied herself for it to work here. The few newcomers to their pack had crawled before her parents for days until they could prove they meant nothing but goodwill to her small family. In turn her parents would respond with dominant nips and blows, nothing like the motherly touch Blue Willow had dealt her. Kaihra could still feel the coolness where her alpha’s nose had been, and her forehead tingled with unease.

Kaihra kept her head low as she stood and fixed her gaze just beyond her leader’s face. The task was not difficult, given Blue Willow’s formidable size. If her words had not been so gentle, she would have found her a daunting figure to stand before. ”I am grateful to your pack for taking me in.” Kaihra dipped her head to bow and caught her nerves before they could surface in her words. She made note to chew them out later. ”I come from the North. My brothers were with me, but they have since settled in different lands.” She swallowed back the bitter tang of longing that bit at her throat as their warm figures etched their way into her mind. She turned her focus to the darkening night instead to snuff them from her sight. The land was burdened enough as it was; it didn’t need her grief contributing to the oppressive air.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 13, 2014, 02:27 AM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 14, 2014, 02:15 PM
RE: easy does it - by Kaihra - July 15, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: easy does it - by Fireblaze - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: easy does it - by Blue Willow - July 20, 2014, 04:26 PM