Swiftcurrent Creek The fury that eats me alive
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
I've made vague reference to @Scimitar - but if he would not have followed I think I have written it so that it's your choice, Rach.

Bazi's fury burned just as bright, fanned by every step she took in the direction of the Sunspire. The mountain no longer loomed the way it had yesterday, like a dark and distant threat. It was just a silly rock, inhabited by equally silly wolves that barely ever descended into the plains and certainly weren't worth the price that Fox had paid for the privilege of ruffling their feathers.

Leaf. Leaf had almost lost her life to water - never mind a pack of bristling wolves! And Magpie was barely chewing solid food (an exaggeration, but it fit better with Bazi's outrage to think of the juvenile wolf as wearing Maera's little face). What was it that Scimitar had said not too long ago? Those four pups will have a normal childhood - until we mess it up?

She was literally bristling when Jace's call rose into the air. Great minds, the Beta thought unsmiling, and took off immediately in the direction of the voice - if Scimitar followed, she would be grateful for his company, if only for another wolf of Swiftcurrent Creek to see the kind of soul that Jace was.

He was angry, and he did not hide it well, tail whipping against the ground like a cat about to relieve the nearest human of its eyes and lips. Bazi's nostrils flared as she drew up in front of him, panting hard from the sudden exertion. For a few seconds, she only stared, noting his injuries and taming the angry, useless words that chomped at the bit on the back of her tongue. "Jace. I know everything - about Fox." What could she say? Sorry - it won't happen again? Of course it would - this was Fox! What could Bazi possibly offer that would convince the Sunspire that no further attacks were forthcoming. It would take a very grand gesture indeed to even get close.

That was the moment a seed of treachery took root in Bazi's mind.

"Tell me what Ferdie's demands are."
Messages In This Thread
The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 06:04 AM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 04:43 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 05:04 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Scimitar - July 21, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 06:56 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Scimitar - July 21, 2014, 07:18 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 22, 2014, 03:24 AM