Blacktail Deer Plateau In these trees there's no escaping truth
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri was unaware of Siqsa's concerns - admittedly, she wasn't sure how she felt about the male. She had a hunch that he was the one who had made Krarius feel so frightened that he didn't want to tell her the identity of his bully or whatever it was - for who else would make a new pack mate feel unwelcome? Certainly not the leaders or any of the wolves that had been here for a time, most of the plateau residents were kind folk. She couldn't imagined that any of her wolves would have treated their comrades with anything but welcome. That left the unfamiliar wolf at the top of her list of suspects. 

Still, had she been aware of his questions - and Ruenna's - she would have attempted to explain, make him feel at home. The leader wanted him to feel like he belonged but she simply didn't approve of how he treated the other members of their family. 

"Really?" Liri asked with interest as she returned the Gamma's affection with a nudge of her own. "Perhaps I'll seek them out before winter confines me here." When it truly began to get cold, when the land was blanketed in snow, Liri doubted she (or any wolf with common sense) would be willing to venture very far from the Flatlands. 

"Grezig returned from her search for Illidan's family with news of a possible alliance with Easthollow. I don't know them well, though I've heard of their pack before, but I would like to meet with both packs. One can never have too many allies," she shared, unaware that Ruenna had only just learned of the young coywolf's existence. It was true he was a reclusive young man but he slept within the door - with Liri and Kavik, or alternatively, in Grezig's den - and his scent was as strong about the territory as any member. The healer had simply assumed with everyone, or most everyone, sharing the atrium as a communal densite that the presence of any wolf who called it home would be noticed. 

"I don't think they'll cause any trouble with a whole mountain range between us. It could be an advantage to have such close neighbours, should we need help for some reason," the hunter added thoughtfully, unaware that the pack was one she had once belonged to. 

"Perhaps we could go together, though I wonder if you're tired of traveling by now," she smiled. 

"But the reason I called you here is for a different matter." Liri finally brought up the issue she'd called Rue for. 

"I know you've only been here a short time but I feel in that time you've proven that you're more than dedicated to this pack. You're family." 

"You've never hesitated to help the pack in any matter. Be it hunts, bears attacking our home, or coming with me to negotiate alliances."

"I suppose this is my long-winded way of asking you if you would be our Beta?" 
Liri fell silent, nervous as she waited for the bird's answer. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Síff - November 07, 2018, 08:46 AM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Ruenna - November 07, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Síff - November 07, 2018, 12:20 PM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Ruenna - November 08, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Síff - November 09, 2018, 09:13 AM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Ruenna - November 13, 2018, 03:12 PM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Síff - November 14, 2018, 07:56 AM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Ruenna - November 25, 2018, 10:43 AM
RE: In these trees there's no escaping truth - by Síff - December 05, 2018, 11:51 AM