Swiftcurrent Creek The fury that eats me alive
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
I will spectate! Depending on what you guys decide, please feel free to post without me for a while and tag me back in when you think it's appropriate.

As ever, Jace lacked the humility to shut his mouth for the greater good, even for a second. He fired poisonous words - ten times the amount he had received - at Scimitar, who he had never met, and who had just been informed that his alpha was gone and that the Sunspire had captured two of their own. Bazi's lips worked themselves into a tight line that might have been distantly related to a bemused smile - at the sheer hilarity of how active Murphy's Law seemed to be on this godforsaken day. Good move, Jace. Well done. She could feel the agouti male breathing beside her when he stepped between her and Jace, like the bellows of a freshly ignited forge.

Jace barely let her get a word in edge-ways after that. His voice made frequent and tempestuous leaps between rage and reasoned calm, spitting threats at Leaf's would-be attackers. Bazi only listened. Despite everything that was going on, her overriding thought was that if things went the way she wished them to, future gatherings of friends and family promised to be very awkward.

"I'm sorry for the harsh language, Bazi."

Was he? Surprise tented Bazi's brows, and she chuckled brightly - a strange sound to hear in such dire circumstances. "I don't think I'm the one you need to worry about," she told him in the split instant before Scimitar cut her off - and promptly launched himself straight at the injured Sunspire wolf.

Bazi stepped back with a soft gasp, ears flattening against her skull as the two wolves clashed. She would be foolish to intervene, and graciously heeded her own advice not to. Her mind worked around Scimitar's words. Could they take Jace? Would it help? Would he forgive her when it was all done - for doing what was in the best interest of her pack? Swiftcurrent Creek as a whole were not fans of him, and it was unlikely that he would get hurt in the process - he was no use to anyone dead, she thought (rather callously, but Jace had brought this on himself). Pack comes first, she reminded herself. The same mantra that had pushed her to defend Fox would now be put to use elsewhere.
Messages In This Thread
The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 06:04 AM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 04:43 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 05:04 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Scimitar - July 21, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 21, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 21, 2014, 06:56 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Scimitar - July 21, 2014, 07:18 PM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Bazi - July 22, 2014, 03:24 AM
RE: The fury that eats me alive - by Jace - July 22, 2014, 04:00 AM