Stone Circle It sounds wonderful
13 Posts
Ooc —
The sky wasn't that interesting. It was sort of a muddy puce, kind of a dull purple color that wasn't appealing but was trying very, very hard to be. It didn't help that the sunlight was so thin and a strange puke-yellow color, which did not blend very well at all as the time passed and clouds drifted overhead. The more light there was, the more the colors struggled for their space, and by the time Phyllis thought she saw a decent shade of purple - it was gone, transitioned to a thin grey that mostly resembled old paint water. Phyllis wondered, as she watched these shades transition from blurry formation to blurry formation, if that's what she'll look like in the coming days. Some sort of messy, faded, blurry thing.

She was lost in thought as the stranger came slinking along. The woman didn't have eyes on the back of her head and she wasn't incredibly interested in whoever it was, but the staccato of the stranger's footfalls gave her some indication of their mood; it was erratic, but growing louder. When it paused she took a breath and looked around, spotting the girl and raising her brows when her eyes took a moment to linger upon her. The girl's coat was very odd, and in all her time on the Earth, Phyllis had never seen such an ugly mixture of colors, not even in the winter sky overhead. If someone were to ask her to name the color of the stranger's pelt, she'd have said nasty sky grey, except it wasn't a solid color, there were fragments of storm-cloud gray smudged across.

The girl had a dull look to her. Phyllis wasn't sure what to make of that expression except to assume they'd just woken up, and maybe sleep hadn't been a very peaceful thing. She didn't want to chase after the girl nor did she really want to ask her what was wrong, but if Phyllis was going to make anything out of herself while she lived here, she had to start somewhere. May as well try to befriend someone and use that bond to get something done. So she took a deep breath, did a quick inventory of her options in her head, and departed from the ridge. 

She crept up behind the girl. Her steps were short, quick, and not at all subtle, and she came up beside the ugly duckling's path until she was aligned with her hocks and quietly called out to her, Miss, miss — slow down miss, I wanted to say hello, and, well, you're too quick for these old bones, Phyllis put on a small show of it; she huffed and puffed and lagged behind until the grey-capped girl drew back her pace, and then she smiled at her — I'm sorry you just, you look so troubled. I don't mean to be a bother but I'm new here, you see. And I'm.. I'm a good listener. What's the matter? Oh, god, she really, really didn't want to know. But then again, maybe she'd say something useful.
Messages In This Thread
It sounds wonderful - by RIP Phyllis - November 23, 2018, 03:26 PM
RE: It sounds wonderful - by Dianne - November 23, 2018, 07:44 PM
RE: It sounds wonderful - by RIP Phyllis - November 26, 2018, 01:49 AM
RE: It sounds wonderful - by Dianne - November 26, 2018, 09:49 AM