Heron Lake Plateau Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Owen probably had enough questions to use up the entire family's worth of silly questions for the rest of the year.  Seriously, where did he get some of these outlandish ideas?  Quixote was pretty sure both Raven and himself were firmly rooted in reality, so where was it coming from?  Were his sisters somehow just making up random nonsense that he just gobbled up as truth like they were delicious candy?  They go away. I don't know where.  South, I think.

They don't change, they just head off somewhere else that's probably less cold or something.  There's plenty of deer and caribou and moose and other things around that we can eat, though.  They're just big, so we'll need a few people to take them down.  That's what most packs end up eating that don't have a lake in their territory like us.  I don't think I've ever seen them get totally buried either.  They just get kind of bogged down like in the mud or something.  How else would he explain it other than through experience?  Man, it'd be nice if he wasn't worried Owen would find something hideously concerning with that fact too.

But maybe something smaller would be less... ominous?  Heck, you can get good at hunting rabbits and voles and stuff if you want to just get something for yourself.  They're quick snacks, but they aren't going to really be able to hurt you, either.  Though now he was just imagining Owen with a squealing mouse hanging off his nose.  If he got caught under an antler, surely a small-creature hunt would go horribly wrong in some way.  Lots of screaming would probably be involved.
Messages In This Thread
Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - September 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - September 30, 2018, 12:38 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - September 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - October 13, 2018, 11:25 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - October 15, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - December 09, 2018, 12:28 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - December 27, 2018, 05:17 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - January 13, 2019, 02:17 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - January 16, 2019, 10:46 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - February 10, 2019, 03:04 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - February 12, 2019, 03:44 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - February 24, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - March 11, 2019, 12:20 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - March 16, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Owen - May 27, 2019, 04:32 AM
RE: Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful - by Quixote - July 01, 2019, 12:23 AM