Blackfeather Woods The ghost of me was true but you've been haunted too
319 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, I see, said Ramsay, you knew Relmyna too. It was a long time ago that he knew the patchwork mute, long before Blackfeather fled and then fell, before the birth of the daughters she told Maegi were Cicero's. He'd been only a boy then, attempting to communicate with someone who was kind to him. Truth be told he scarcely remembered the interaction.

I wasn't as close with her as I would have liked, he admitted. Even if he firmly believed that Relmyna lied to Maegi about who fathered her cubs, perhaps to secure Maegi's aid in raising them, he'd respected the woman well enough. He'd have struggled not to speak poorly to her after discovering her dishonesty, but she was gone, so Ramsay would never have the opportunity to know how that would go.

When the scarred wolf tried to pronounce his name, Ramsay was reminded almost distastefully of teats. Who the fuck names their kid after teats? he thought. Small wonder Maegi called him Mou. My name is Ramsay Malacath, he said, and for good measure (mostly because Mou had), he said, Maegi calls me Rams. It's my pleasure to meet a friend of my sister, Mou. There was a lot of bridge building to do before he would say he trusted any one of Maegi's friends, but unlike Flicker with her admission about Damien, Ramsay at least got the impression Mou did genuinely care for Maegi. That was enough for him to like him at least.