the awful screaming of the lambs • pack meeting
<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">“</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Round Two will end August 4th (unless everyone posts before that)

The long, mournful sound that could not rightly be called a howl sent hackles prickling along his spine; she was at death's threshold, his Jinx. Composing himself but for a minute shudder of his jaw, Lecter turned to the wolves assembling, acknowledging each gaze with his own. Tyrande did not appear, but this did not give him pause; straightening shoulders worn round with stress and grief, the shaman forced back a sigh.

As you are all aware, Jinx is dying. Hers is a swift malady, and will surely claim her in the next several days. There is no cure, he instructed the wolves of Ouroboros, icewater eyes sweeping their faces. Therefore, you must maintain your distance.

Here his gaze alighted on the wolves he had chosen for his next task, and for a long moment the shaman remained silent. I am an old creature, perhaps too old, he muttered to the assembly. I will be following Jinx into the afterlife quite soon, but not before Ouroboros is appointed leaders in my stead, and that of your queen. Cara, Lecter intoned, gesturing with a vague lift of his forepaw that the beautiful yearling might draw near. The Spine was founded by a woman, and it is fitting to me that it be delivered into the competencies of another.You are young, but you have proven your loyalty to us. I sense ambition in you, Cara, and savagery. Jinx possessed those qualities also, he added, pausing to fight against the grief that threatened to consume him. and they carried her through countless travails and brought her great comfort and power in the face of adversity. Lead them well when I am gone, Alpha of Ouroboros.

Holding her eyes for a span of time, scrutinizing her worthiness once more, the madman turned his gaze then to the dark visage of the man who sat near. Kaname. Cara will be in need of your strength and your allegiance, as will our lands. This pack is young but will prosper beneath the leadership of yourself and our new Alpha. Therefore, I appoint your her second, her Beta. You will do justice to the rank, as Cara will do unto her own.

Lecter sat back upon his haunches now, a great weight removed from his heart. His beloved's pack would thrive, would go on; there were a myriad of reasons for his choosing of Cara and Kaname, but the one that amused him most was the prospect of children in the future, when she had come of age. Cubs to cement the foundation of Ouroboros Spine. It was not to be said that Lecter had no qualms; indeed, letting the pack rest in the hands of heathens was distasteful to him, but perhaps in time the young pair would come to realize the might of Sos, of Atka, of the Loa that drifted roundabout them at all times and demanded appeasement.

Impressing upon Cara the characteristics that had comprised Jinx's life would, in hope, ensure that she would not founder. His sylph had been young when she first pursued leadership, and had it not been for the awful curse of the disease that drained her breath now, Jinx would have become more illustrious, more powerful, than Nanuq and Koios themselves.

Our borders must be patrolled; caches filled. And one among you must take the role I will leave; that of healing. No pack is successful without one to mend them in times of war. He gazed at each one of them in turn, and at long last the corners of his mouth drifted upwards into a ghosted smile. It has been my great honour to serve first Silvertip, then Ouroboros, as your Beta, your shaman, your healer. I will speak fondly of you all in the afterlife.

With that he fell silent, inviting with an inclination of his head any words the others would have, that the new leading pair might have. And in the back of his mind, the knowledge that he could now die in peace, in the knowledge that Ouroboros would continue, burned hotly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the awful screaming of the lambs • pack meeting - by Lecter - August 01, 2014, 09:49 AM