Sunbeam Lair ❝i am exhausted, i am exhausted— pillar of white in a blackout of knives.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It seemed they had both damaged something — at least temporarily — within their heads from the fall. Redshank barely caught the woman's slurred threat as he battled against the pounding sensation that radiated from his skull. He didn't dare open his eyes out of fear it would increase the pain tenfold, but he did note the rustle of the cavern's foliage before there was a soft thump against the earth, indicating his combatant had fallen. He took another step back, releasing a sound that was halfway between a groan and a growl, before a third, unfamiliar sound forced him to at least peak open one eye.

“Stop—!”

The world continued to spin and tilt as he gazed around the cave, and it took a few moments for Redshank to locate the source of the timid command. She was a diminutive thing, one who would have hardly been registered as a threat in any other circumstance. Here, though, there was the very real possibility that she was part of Diaspora, an ally to this crazed bitch now sprawled before him. That she could call for the rest of the pack was a fact that was not lost on him, despite his current, dazed state.

She spoke more in that soft, unsure voice, a threat that was met with a hard (albeit slightly unfocused) glare from the Cairn. His eyes flicked to the woman. With child? He thought he had smelt a curious, milky fragrance to her scent, and his suspicions had been correct. Not that it mattered, really. That her pups would be left motherless had he killed her was of no consequence to the boy, too blinded by rage.

The stranger's interruption had caused a moment of silence to replace the savage snarls and clashing of jaws that had been echoing from the den just moments ago. And seemingly, it had brought Redshank back to his senses, and to reason. Despite the shrinking size of both women (and the apparent meek hesitance of the newcomer), he knew it would be a wasted effort trying to continue to fend them both off. His gaze lingered on the scarred woman, her pale fur now streaked with red (though it was hard to tell whose blood was whose).

"You're lucky," he hissed lowly between gritted teeth before stumbling forwards with unexpected speed. He ran haggardly, but aimed straight for the spotted, cream-coloured female, his intent on fleeing the cave clear. If she hadn't the sense to move out of the way, Redshank would have no qualms about knocking her frail form to the ground.
Messages In This Thread
RE: ❝i am exhausted, i am exhausted— pillar of white in a blackout of knives. - by Redshank - April 26, 2019, 11:35 AM