Ravensblood Forest journey before destination
23 Posts
Ooc — Bo
There it was; that flash of realization that seemed to wash over her features like a tidal wave. Guildenstern had seen it before. It was almost indescribable how a fraction of hope could shift the mind. It was always fleeting – there and gone in another wave of drowning guilt and fear. That was the way of those who had carried their own pups and raised them. It was the raging internal fire of a parent who had found themselves without their child, perhaps due to their own misconduct. The feral beast did not believe he could ever wish such a burden upon himself. Though it was tempting to further the bloodline of the Mortensen wolves, Guildenstern was not certain that he even felt a tie to his name.

In moments, her expression contorted to one that he had expected. Something inside of her was spiking her heartrate and spurring the thoughts that had forced her to all but fall apart in front of him. While Guildenstern could not relate with the flood of anxiety and fear that had flooded through the pale woman’s body, he had seen it before. The pale beast stood rigidly, eyeing the woman with a placid expression. The woman’s question still hung in the air, unanswered. The knight had wanted to wait until he could see the light of sanity return to her vision before he attempted to make terms with her. There was no doubt that he could track her pup, but he wanted to know what she would do in return. It was no small feat, after all.

“I can,” stated plainly to her.

The gruff man drew his crown up and turned his muzzle to the soft breeze that passed from behind him. There was a promise of a storm upon it. It would mean that the likelihood of catching a scent from her whelp would be incredibly slim. Still, it did not seem to phase him or hurry him in any way. Guildenstern turned back to her with a thoughtful frown. The pale glint of his eyes traced over the scars in her face. “Tell me about the pup and where it was you had last seen it, and then we will discuss the terms of how you will repay me, should I succeed in finding it.” That was business, and it was what he knew well. The woman may have found herself in a fit of hysterics, but the more information that she could provide, the better the odds.
Messages In This Thread
journey before destination - by Guildenstern - July 17, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: journey before destination - by Andraste - July 17, 2019, 02:05 PM
RE: journey before destination - by Guildenstern - July 24, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: journey before destination - by Andraste - August 01, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: journey before destination - by Guildenstern - August 01, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: journey before destination - by Andraste - August 01, 2019, 03:09 PM
RE: journey before destination - by Guildenstern - August 02, 2019, 06:56 PM