Hideaway Strath I still press your letters to my lips.
148 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Yep, I'm good with that.  :D

He slept. Not soundly, but it was all he felt he could do, all he wanted. The boy curled close to himself, pulled his hind limbs to his undersides and tucked his snout alongside them, too exhausted to care for the vulnerability he felt.

When he felt something loom over him, Sundance's eyelids fluttered but did not open. He shifted a little, convincing himself that this could only be one of his mothers standing guard, and sleep coaxed him swiftly back into its depths. Yes, that was all this could be: @Olive or @Seabreeze, watching over him so that he might slumber peacefully.

A nudge came, perhaps @Atwood shoving at him to try and find better comfort, and he shifted a little. Awareness crept up on him at the touch and, remembering that he had seen none of his relatives in what felt like eons, the young Shakti unfurled a little to blink sleepily up into a dark face. "Mama?" Sundance murmured, confused. Could it really be @Ariel? Had he come to sweep him off to wherever it was that death had taken him? His other dams had said that his spirit would remain with them always, so... this made sense, right?

He willed himself to move, to be closer, but his body ached and his energy was depleted. All he could do was lay there, the only movement to offer being the soft and pitiful wagging of his silver tail.

Messages In This Thread
I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - September 28, 2019, 02:47 AM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Towhee - September 28, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - September 29, 2019, 01:45 AM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Towhee - September 29, 2019, 08:17 PM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - September 30, 2019, 02:28 AM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Towhee - September 30, 2019, 04:47 PM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - October 01, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Towhee - October 01, 2019, 06:57 PM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - October 03, 2019, 04:29 AM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Towhee - October 09, 2019, 09:49 AM
RE: I still press your letters to my lips. - by Sundance - October 15, 2019, 03:18 PM