Sun Mote Copse The weather’s nice, so I called you
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
When Wraen stated that the Firebirds could offer both- a home and company- Chanel felt her heart leap, though she wouldn't let it show. She hadn't even met the members of the pack. She didn't even know that'd she get along with them or consider it a home. But momentarily her optimism took control, her high hopes making her heart beat faster. She could dream of a new home that was comfortable, secure, full of friends... 

But then Wraen's next words unsettled her. Hard and tough. Chanel was only oblivious to some degree- therefore, she was already aware that she had had an easy childhood. She was probably the closest thing to utterly spoiled a wolf could get. And these past few months of travel and subsistence hunting was among the most challenging things the yearling had experienced. Suddenly she wondered if her rather mediocre abilities were enough for her to even be worthy of membership. And yet, she didn't want to be withheld from joining... In her mind she cursed her parents for raising her in such a cushioned method, from an age where she didn't know any better. And then she cursed herself, for never bothering to work hard on her own when she was old enough.

When Wraen asked her about her abilities, her stomach dropped. She debated whether to be honest and look like a fool, or lie as if she had any ability of expertise. "I want to be honest with you," She began very carefully, after a rather obvious hesitation. "The way I was raised did not provide me with proper education. I can't tell you that I'm a master of anything... But I have been hunting and traveling on my own for several months now. I am capable. And even though I am not fantastic yet, I can promise you I want to learn. I will be dedicated and I am willing to work hard." The words flowed out of her lips, and hearing herself say them, she wondered if she even meant it as much as she thought she did. She said she was willing to work hard, but did she even know what hard work felt like? Was she willing to commit herself to something she might've barely experienced? But still she continued: "And for what it's worth. I am good with people and I try to be polite, so I think I could care well for eldery or the young. If there is a need." She added on. She wondered how pathetic she sounded, making excuses for her lack of experience, and tacking on her one somewhat notable ability in social skill. It was rather pathetic. But she didn't want to have to lie to the woman who had already been so kind, so instead she prayed that her promise of dedication would be enough.
threads 3/5
Messages In This Thread
The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 19, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 20, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 20, 2019, 04:34 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 21, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 21, 2019, 09:03 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 22, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 22, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 23, 2019, 10:36 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 24, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 25, 2019, 08:42 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 26, 2019, 12:28 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 29, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 31, 2019, 09:08 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 01, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 01, 2019, 05:00 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 02, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 02, 2019, 10:28 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 03, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 03, 2019, 08:31 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 04, 2019, 04:44 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 04, 2019, 08:56 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 05, 2019, 03:14 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 06, 2019, 07:32 PM