Sun Mote Copse The weather’s nice, so I called you
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
that's smart and well-thought out! i'll try it in the future! thank you for the advice : ) 
also! sorry this post is so dialogue heavy !; _ ;

As Wraen inquired of the rest of the story, Chanel gained more confidence and saw it as her permission to continue. She chuckled lightly at the leader's comment about the story's kings- and nodded along. "No, he didn't. Cateline's father was not easy to move. He wanted Cateline to marry Mortimer to bring peace and unite the packs, and marrying Estienne would not bring that. In fact, her father was so intimidating and powerful, that Estienne would not even ask him. He already knew the answer was no. Now, Estienne was a warrior-knight, he had been trained in defense and war all his life. He saw the king as an obstacle," Chanel paused, knowing that perhaps Wraen could predict the outcome. The story was just a tad dark, but she figured not too gruesome in detail to tell, and so she continued. 

"So he decided to remove the hurdle in the path towards his true love. As her father slept one night, Estienne snuck into his den. At first he wanted to off him physically, but the king would awaken. So he left, and the next day he spoke to his friend, Abelle. She was a medic, she understood the workings of plants and nature. He asked her about poisonous herbs, not informing her of his reason, and she taught him. He headed out to find some, and returned home. So again, that evening, he snuck back in, and found the king's cache. He slipped the herbs into the meat and left." She paused a moment for dramatic effect, and then: "He died the next day while eating, collapsing with a difficulty to breathe. The pack gathered, and Abelle discovered the herbs in the half-finished food, tracing it to Estienne. Cateline was not charmed. She loved him but she loved her father too. He hadn't listened to her request that he convince the king with words. Her father's death put her in charge- and so she banished him, telling him never to return." Chanel finished.

The story didn't end happily- there was no united couple. No resolved romance, and not even peace between Cateline and Mortimer's packs. She wondered for a moment what exactly the moral was. Then she spoke again: "I don't exactly know what the moral is. Maybe it's about being loyal to the pack over pursuing personal desires? Or maybe about understanding other perspectives. Estienne thought Cateline would gladly forgive his crime, without considering that she loved her father as much as she loved him." She tried to explain, though she wasn't sure if she even hit the nail on the head. But she waited expectantly for Wraen's response.
threads 3/5
Messages In This Thread
The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 19, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 20, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 20, 2019, 04:34 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 21, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 21, 2019, 09:03 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 22, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 22, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 23, 2019, 10:36 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 24, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 25, 2019, 08:42 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 26, 2019, 12:28 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - October 29, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - October 31, 2019, 09:08 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 01, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 01, 2019, 05:00 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 02, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 02, 2019, 10:28 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 03, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 03, 2019, 08:31 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 04, 2019, 04:44 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 04, 2019, 08:56 PM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Wraen - November 05, 2019, 03:14 AM
RE: The weather’s nice, so I called you - by Chanel - November 06, 2019, 07:32 PM