Hideaway Strath time leads you far and wide
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Accustomed to fear, she was unsurprised by the building dread beneath her breast; each step deepened the already sinking sensation she was experiencing, insisting she turn away and head home. Yet, at the same time, she found herself unable to do so—determination was a surprisingly worthy opponent, easily matching and then overpowering her fear. Every nagging voice that hoped she might turn tail and return to the safety of the mountain faded until they were hardly above a whisper, lacking any true grip on her; she wondered what her family might think, should they learn of her brief journey south. Would they be proud of her for finally finding some proper footing in this merciless world they lived? Perhaps they may be upset with her instead—after all, how many of her family never returned after leaving Moonspear behind?

Descending into the wintry sanctuary, her steps grew hesitant; was it really wise of her to wander so far? Swallowing hard, she tried with all her might to rid herself of any negative feelings—but for as strong as her determination was just a second ago, it was suddenly fading in equal measures to its development. Licking her lips nervously, Yama ignored the growing discomfort in the pit of her stomach and proceeded.

But, ah, who is that?

Nearing the frosted stream, it didn’t take her long to notice that she was not alone. A chill raced down her spine and she puffed up, fur standing straight up in every direction (the return of the cotton ball!). “I-I’m sorry,” she rushed out, averting her gaze. “Do you live h-here? I didn’t mean to intrude.” A flicker, a flash—her sister rushing forward, an unwelcome boy pinned beneath her; the suddenness of the image startled her, appearing in intervals each time she blinked. Would she experience the same, should this be the stranger’s home?
Messages In This Thread
time leads you far and wide - by Elliot - December 10, 2019, 01:51 PM
RE: time leads you far and wide - by Yama - December 11, 2019, 01:38 AM
RE: time leads you far and wide - by Elliot - December 11, 2019, 10:06 AM
RE: time leads you far and wide - by Yama - December 25, 2019, 11:46 PM
RE: time leads you far and wide - by Elliot - December 30, 2019, 02:56 PM