Stavanger Bay Here I am [IC joining]
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar gave the girl the benefit of the doubt and listened to what she had to say, figuring that there was little harm in having her apprentice in the counselor trade as long as he kept an eye on her, since he was close to earning it for himself. She was a little young to be giving out life advice having what he considered barely any life experience but he could train her in that if she was serious about it. He noted, as she spoke about being a warden that he could also train her how to do that. So far, it sounded like she had a clear idea of what she wanted to contribute to the pack and he was seeing no reason not to take her in under his wing. His own children showed little interest in trades at the current moment, though he would have to push them towards pursuing an apprenticeship considering they were apart of his pack as everyone else and he encouraged trades. His children would not take from the hard work of their pack mates without giving anything back. “You might be better as a Warden then. I could take you on a few patrols with me, and have you intercept a loner at our borders to see how you would do,” Training her, so long as she followed his orders, felt like it would be relatively easy. She seemed pretty driven, not nearly as driven as Junior, whom Ragnar found himself missing more and more (for he liked having an apprentice).

“I have a lead Gameskeeper who would be the better judge of that,” For a moment Ragnar could not help but wonder if she was not stretching the truth about almost nearly never missing a catch. Even Julooke missed catches when it came to prey. Julooke wasn't their lead Gameskeeper yet but she was probably so close to it that Ragnar didn't take technicalities into account when he spoke of her skills. She had been doing good until she lied to him, that was. Lying about puppy sitting did not gain her anything with the scarred Scandinavian. If anything it irritated him but the Viking hid it behind his usual coy smirk, eyes studying her face intently. As a father, he knew that when you watched over pups you didn't sit still unless they were infants (or dead) and Ragnar didn't let anyone near his infant children. No one but himself, his wives and children. “Only dead children stay still for hours,” His children were never in one place for too long unless they were sleeping, which they did much less of. Their sleeping schedules had finally synced with his and Thistle's, though occasionally there might be a quick cat nap in the middle of the day. Hopefully, the girl was clever enough to pick up on the fact that he knew she was lying to him. “I am a father, it is never a good thing to lie to a Jarl but definitely never to a father,” It made him distrust her. He didn't like liars and wasn't so sure he wanted a liar in the ranks of his pack. Ragnar stared at her, demanding to know why she lied in his eyes instead of voicing it verbally.

Messages In This Thread
Here I am [IC joining] - by Onyx - August 07, 2014, 06:58 PM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Ragnar - August 08, 2014, 06:38 AM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Onyx - August 11, 2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Ragnar - August 12, 2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Onyx - August 16, 2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Ragnar - August 16, 2014, 07:34 AM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Onyx - August 16, 2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Ragnar - August 17, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Onyx - August 17, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Here I am [IC joining] - by Ragnar - August 18, 2014, 06:11 AM