Emberwood never coming down
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender relished in Dawn's nearness, not wanting to let go. When their embrace did end, she felt the winter's chill. Shivering, Lavender crossed the hanging tendrils of her coat across her chest in an attempt to shield herself from the cold. The adjustment of the cape was enough to comfort herself temporarily, but soon she'd need to seek warmth elsewhere. 

As Lavender's undivided attention fell upon Dawn, a myriad of questions were asked: "I've missed you. easy said you had kids! how are you?" She stiffened immediately, an expression of trepidation settling upon her features.

"I, uh," Lavender managed unsteadily, her voice cracking as she looked up at Dawn with large, doe-like eyes. Anxiety overwhelmed her in an instant, and her mind began to reel; all that she had attempted to suppress returned—the longing, the grief, the heartache. Lavender felt it all as fiercely as she had the day it had all happened. She couldn't escape it, she knew, as she had come to understand that this was her new reality. Always on the verge of a breakdown, always reminded of the life she had lost—she couldn't escape it. 

Drawing in a sharp breath, Lavender attempted to collect herself.  "Yeah, kids—two of them—Brave and Journey." Lavender swallowed hard, feeling her anxiety rise. "I'm, g-good, I promise," she lied, attempting to deflect. 

"T-Tell me about you," Lavender managed, seeking refuge from her thoughts.
Messages In This Thread
never coming down - by Dawn - January 19, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: never coming down - by Lavender1 - January 20, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: never coming down - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 04:58 AM
RE: never coming down - by Lavender1 - January 21, 2020, 07:29 PM
RE: never coming down - by Dawn - January 22, 2020, 06:39 AM
RE: never coming down - by Easy - January 29, 2020, 02:36 AM
RE: never coming down - by Dawn - February 15, 2020, 04:43 AM