Whitebark Stream the wheel of the year
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I decided to break up the descriptions into multiple posts so i don't just have one giant like 1000-word-long post. Plus it'll give Dawn chances to respond or ask questions or whatever.

Dawn wanted to know what the Wheel of the Year festivals included. Daylily took a breath, trying to think of where to start. “Well… the nearest one is Imbolc, which is preparation for spring. We take this day to clean our dens, check caches, and just generally tidy up the territory. It is also a day of dedication or rededication to gods or to any projects one has been working on.

Then there’s Ostara, the spring equinox. I think I told you about that one briefly?”
She looked at Dawn curiously, waiting for her to confirm. Afterwards, she continued. “The Lady has come into bloom on Ostara, and this is when we usually plant seeds for our gardens back home, since it’s usually warm enough by this day. Ostara is also a day to celebrate the sun, the Lord. It is spring now, and each day will grow longer as it gets closer and closer to summer. So some wolves may choose to watch the sunrise, or sunset… or—or both, I suppose.” As an afterthought, she added, “Imbolc, Ostara, and Beltane—the next holy day—are often saved as days to tell loved ones of pregnancies, mateships, or to ask a special someone if they’d like to become mates.”
Messages In This Thread
the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 23, 2020, 03:35 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 23, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 23, 2020, 05:02 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 24, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 24, 2020, 11:16 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 25, 2020, 02:45 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 27, 2020, 11:24 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 28, 2020, 05:11 AM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 28, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - February 01, 2020, 04:17 AM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - February 05, 2020, 02:11 AM