Whitebark Stream the wheel of the year
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Daylily listened to Dawn speak about her religious beliefs with tense muscles, expecting the leader to dismiss her wants out of hand. That did not happen. While Dawn admitted to not understanding all of Daylily’s beliefs, she would not prevent the girl from practicing them as long as she didn’t harm anyone. “Oh, thank you,” Daylily breathed, feeling light again. Her legs felt a bit like jelly from relief, and having kept them so stiff beforehand. “I promise, my beliefs do not include any kind of harm to any creature, outside of hunting for food, of course. The people of Oakstead are gentle and loving, not known for bloodshed.” 

She wanted to go on, to explain more—ever more—but stopped herself. The people of Oakstead also were not necessarily known for proselytizing. Indeed, Daylily had asked permission to create festivals from her holy days, but she had no intention of forcing anyone to participate, or converting anyone to her religion against their will. She did not think the Lord and Lady would approve of such behavior, let alone her family, were they to discover her doing such things. 

“You have given me much to think about,” she said to Dawn. “About my future in this pack, I mean. About my role here. If I may, I should… go and think on it some more.” She stood and bowed her head, awaiting Dawn’s permission to leave, unless the leader had more to say.
Messages In This Thread
the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 23, 2020, 03:35 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 23, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 23, 2020, 05:02 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 24, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 24, 2020, 11:16 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 25, 2020, 02:45 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 27, 2020, 11:24 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - January 28, 2020, 05:11 AM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - January 28, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Dawn - February 01, 2020, 04:17 AM
RE: the wheel of the year - by Daylily - February 05, 2020, 02:11 AM