Stavanger Bay forever and always
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
It seemed that his expression had became a little bit more transparent that he had initially thought it had for Thistle was staring at him in a manner he might attribute to staring at him helplessly and inquired as to his well being, making sure to include that she hadn't been speaking about him. Despite her attempt to reassure him, he didn't feel very reassured. "But I have broken you," Ragnar wasn't ignorant and despite that he didn't understand why she had initially been so upset with him about it, it did not mean that he was blind to it. It didn't mean that he didn't feel her pain. "I do love you Thistle, I really, truly do, but I have always had a hard time making you believe it. Even before Nerian came along," Despite her wishes for him not to say anything he had to get this out. It would only claw at his chest like a caged, enraged animal if he did not. "I am not Crete. I will never leave you, and if you chose to leave me I wouldn't let you go. Not without the fight of my life," He was selfish. To want, to love and to have both women. Still, he could not and would not exchange either of them for the world.

When the conversation took it's shift to Gyda he allowed it to drop, offering a slightly sheepish smirk that he had disobeyed her but felt better to get it off his chest, nevertheless. He listened to Thistle speak of Gyda, shaking his head softly in the denial of a father. Perhaps he saw of Gyda only what he wanted to see. A little girl that needed her father to protect her from the world. Ragnar did not think it was so much for him to wish for, to want his little girl to seek comfort in him, to want him to take on the Gods if it meant keeping her safe from harm. The boys didn't need him to protect them and he did not want or expect them to need it. They were boys, they would one day become men and be in charge of protecting their own wives and children. A man can be jealous of his sons but his daughters can always be the light of his life; Floki's words held an eerie truth to them. "I know." Ragnar responded with a great reluctance and a soft sigh.

Messages In This Thread
forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 12, 2014, 02:13 PM
RE: forever and always - by Ragnar - August 14, 2014, 06:26 AM
RE: forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 14, 2014, 08:46 AM
RE: forever and always - by Ragnar - August 15, 2014, 08:15 AM
RE: forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 15, 2014, 08:39 AM
RE: forever and always - by Ragnar - August 17, 2014, 10:23 AM
RE: forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 17, 2014, 05:05 PM
RE: forever and always - by Ragnar - August 18, 2014, 09:38 AM
RE: forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 18, 2014, 10:08 AM
RE: forever and always - by Ragnar - August 19, 2014, 01:00 PM
RE: forever and always - by Thistle Cloud - August 19, 2014, 01:32 PM