Greatwater Lake It's bloody and raw, but I swear it is sweet
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
At the touch of her friend, Chai felt all remaining traces of tension slip away. Even though it had been so long, it felt now as if they had never been apart. Her time spent with Reiko may have been limited - more so than she may have liked, but Chai still felt a connection. The sort that came naturally, as if they had been friends a lifetime and not just a couple of sparse months. "I did." She affirmed. "But it was nothing against them. I had...some personal issues to sort through." She phrased her words carefully, skirting around the edges so as not to give away any hint that she had been dealt a cruel blow by depression. She needn't worry Reiko sick like that. "By the time I came back, the pack was no longer settled at Whitefish River." 

And speaking of rivers... Her pale eyes landed on the crystalline surface of the lake. Water again. A seemingly ever-present element in her life. First Kaistleoki...then Whitebark Stream. Now here, with Reiko. She nodded gingerly. "Mostly. I am with a new pack now, Whitebark Stream. The leaders Dawn and Artyom are busy, but kind." She appeared content enough, but not over the moon. There were other aspiring hunters in the pack, yet Chai still pursued what she hoped would be her true talent. "I'm just out stretching my legs for a few days. I feel like I've needed this." A subtle sniff and Chai noticed something different in Reiko's scent. Something she recognized before, in other females. She waved it aside. Maybe she was imagining things, with her own hormones ricocheting all over the place. "Your turn! Tell me, fill me in." She coaxed, eager to soak up all the news Reiko had to share.

Messages In This Thread
It's bloody and raw, but I swear it is sweet - by Reiko - April 15, 2020, 05:36 PM
RE: It's bloody and raw, but I swear it is sweet - by Chai - April 26, 2020, 10:53 PM