Blacktail Deer Plateau broken bones
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine could feel his anger softening right along with his will when he heard his daughter's voice breaking. He listened to her points, though he still thought she was much too young to be making such decisions. Even if she really did feel strongly—and it was evident she did—he felt certain she would regret them. He was loath to let her learn that lesson, though perhaps she could only learn from it the hard way...

"Fox is an adult who understood the weight of her decision," he countered, not mentioning all the other factors in that situation. "You're too young to understand the full consequences of your actions, Junior, and though I can see that you really are trying to follow your heart... it's a whimsical notion. As your father and your Caretaker, it's my job to protect you from making poor choices in life. And as your Alpha, it's my job to instruct and guide you into becoming and staying an asset to your pack, which is the plateau and not some band of strangers."

He leveled her with an imperious look. His stance was clear. But at the same time, Peregrine knew he couldn't staple her to the plateau. "If you really want to go, I'm not going to keep you here against your will. If you think you're ready to take ownership of all the consequences of your actions, then I won't try to stop you. I know I can't," he admitted. "If things don't work out with your new friends, Junior... I can't guarantee that there will be a place for you here," he finished, flinching inwardly as he laid down the law. He didn't outright banish her, yet he wasn't going to keep his door open to a wolf with wavering loyalties just because she was his daughter. And the decision didn't rest solely with him any longer.

"Do you understand?" he demanded, hoping it might be enough to change her mind but knowing, somehow, that it wasn't. More softly, he added, "I would like to meet these wolves. I want to know what kind of people can so easily sway my daughter. And I want to know exactly where they intend to settle as well." Inquiring about them felt akin to admitting defeat but Peregrine told with himself that it was the lesser evil. It was better to know, if his daughter was going to insist on leaving him. And maybe he could reason with them, whereas he couldn't with Junior.
Messages In This Thread
broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:27 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 09:34 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:39 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 09:47 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 10:06 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 11:35 AM
RE: broken bones - by Aktaiê - August 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
RE: broken bones - by ZC20 - August 27, 2014, 12:18 PM