Hushed Willows You Won't Leave the Table, She Won't Leave Your Mind
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante's eyes widened at a comical rate as the silvery woman bent down to fetch the collection of plants he had nearly forgotten about in his Lumiya-induced trance. His shoulders tensed with embarassment and he quickly rushed to explain himself. "Oh, sorry! I forgot, yeah I um, I thought you might-" Dante was interrupted by a swift sneeze from the girl, prompting a soft giggle to bubble up from his throat as he looked on. "Flowers," he managed to chuckle out, basking in the soft moment that stretched out between them. 

He listened carefully to her statement in response to the prior comment on her voice, suddenly intensely curious about Lumiya's upbringing. Dante had found that, while Lumiya was not neccesarily a loud wolf, her manner of speaking was incredibly straightforward, her communication always crisply clear. She was quite unsimilar to Dante in that way; the boy had been teased since his youth over the rambling deliveries he had been known to give often, though in truly serious conversation he could easily keep himself on track. His train of thought was broken by her next sentence, his bright eyes searching the girls face for her intent as a grin broke across his mouth in response to her wide smile. Gods he was hopelessly endeared. She liked being with him, huh? Dante was way too fucking pleased with himself. Though he tried to think of something to say in return- a quick-witted quip, perhaps- the yearling found he didn't have it in himself to ruin the exchange by cheapening it. 

Dante watched her expression mold into something more contemplative; he could see the gears ticking in her mind as she pondered the question for a brief moment. How he wished he could see inside, understand every thought the girl had, peer right into her mind. Dante had often found himself wondering such things about those around and close to him, he had always had a certain fascination with the way each individual thought, how emotions influenced every decision they made. It was a more inquisitive part of himself that he didn't generally allow to surface freely, exhausting as it was. Luckily Lumiya was somewhat forward with him, as she had been in their conversations so far.  "You're doing brilliantly, honestly. I can't imagine myself ever being able to pull something like this off, but it seems like you've got some sort of a knack for it, yeah?"He offered a gentle smile, hoping his words might ease at least a bit of any tension she posessed. 

"I mean, clearly I don't know anything about this, right? But it seems like it's the sort 'f thing you just gotta take moment by moment, you know?" His brow furrowed softly as he mulled over his words carefully, jaw shifting lightly. "I think if you can just focus on exactly what you can alter now, y'know, like what you've got power over in that moment specifically, then before you know it you'll be where you need to be." The boy paused momentarily, his mind still rambling on about goals and achievements and whatnot before pulling himself back to reality, blinking owlishly at Lumiya. "Sorry I'm afraid that might not have made sense. And also- I didn't mean to like- I mean obviously you are clearly on top of things I wasn't like, trying to tell you what to do or anything like that of course, I just meant to throw in my two cents or...something." He shook his head slightly, his nose scrunching again and his brow furrowing once more. Proper poor at talking sometimes, he was.

Messages In This Thread