Hushed Willows You Won't Leave the Table, She Won't Leave Your Mind
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante could feel heat flush through him as the girl leaned in close, reaching towards his ear. He was only able to stew on his intense surprise at her forward choice to bestow the flowers back upon the boy briefly; his mind was a bit occupied with other things at the time. Surely it  could've only lasted mere seconds, but to the yearling it felt as though the moment was slow and thick, dripping like honey as his breath caught in his chest. Dante had never been on this side of flirting before, and was wildly taken with her initiative. He willed himself to ignore the crisp burn in his chest at the young woman's words, attempting to remain somewhat composed despite the lingering thoughts that flitted frantically through his brain. A part of him felt as though flirting with the one who was currently providing him shelter could be a bit messy but...

But how could he resist?

When he realized he was staring perhaps a bit too generously, the boy quickly glanced back to the gurgling water again, heat still sizzling under his pelt. His attention was soon caught again by the sprawling lines that were Lumiya as she stretched under the sunlight. He found himself tracking each and every motion, utterly fascinated by the young woman. He felt a strange sense of ease as he looked upon Lumiya's comfort, the frantic nerves that had been buzzing through him earlier settling once he became aware of her idle relaxation. If she could feel tranquil in his presence, then surely he could do the same. Tactile as he was, Dante hardly questioned it before he padded over nearer the girl, stretching himself before lowering to lay out beside her, just barely brushing her person. Though he had been raised in an environment in which physical touch was the default in everyday engagements, he hardly had a mind to force it upon others and allowed it to Lumiya whether she would lean into it. 

A note of finality had crept into Lumiya's words as she responded to his thoughts, and Dante decided it was better to leave it at that then to probe any further. He closed his eyes and sighed softly, more than happy to bask in the day's warmth, feeling floaty and sated. "You're quite good company, you know," He spoke quietly into the comfortable silence they had procured, laced with fondness and gentle humor. He cracked an olive-green eye open to watch her reaction as he gave a lazy smile. "Easy on the eyes too," he said, breaking into a giggle despite his attempt to remain serious. "Gods I don't think I could've picked a cheesier line, I do hope I'm not completely iredeemable". Another little chuckle bubbled in his throat as his eyes slid closed again. He had surprised himself with his own abrupt mood-shift, though in all honesty it shouldn't have been so surprising. He was generally a pretty easygoing guy, and he could also normally hold his own in flirtatious situations. Dante was glad to find himself regaining some of the usual confidence that seemed to disappear when he spoke with Lumiya in all of her dumbfounding charm.

Messages In This Thread