Hushed Willows You Won't Leave the Table, She Won't Leave Your Mind
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Effervescent. Dante felt effervescent as Lumiya eased against the boy's side. He drew a deep breath, stilling slightly- not nervous or anxious, but a bit scared of disrupting the peaceful moment with a stirring movement. A soft, bashful grin lit on his maw at the girl's response, and he exhaled a light chuckle as he spared her a fond glance. The energy that buzzed between them was soft in a way- so clearly present but not strong enough to feel overwhelming, just a quiet drone that simmered behind each exchange. It was something Dante hadn't had the privilege to experience in quite a while, and he was endlessly grateful for it now. 

Just as he had begun to drift into a daze, the boy found his nose being assaulted by feathers, a pair of intrusive white wings batting lightly but with great determination at his body. Shocked by the sudden break in the lazy atmosphere, the boy quickly pushed his upper body off of the ground, eyeing the owl with a sleepy confusion. After the initial shock, though, the boy found his balance and recognized what had happened, giggling and shaking his head. "He was not a fan of my line. Duly noted." He spoke quietly still, humour laced in his voice and laughing through his words. When his eyes finally uncrinkled, Dante blinked at Lumiya and shook his head and neck, still smiling softly. Looks like I'll be needing to work a bit harder to gain his respect then, yeah?.

The yearling shifted again then, stretching his body in a bowing position before rising to his feet. He watched the pale bird for a few moments more before his eyes flicked back to Lumiya. S'pose he needs a bit of attention too, I'm hogging you all to myself. Can't blame him honestly, I fancy a cuddle often myself... His words trailed off into quiet as he observed the girl and her bird (a striking pair). Eventually, he tilted his face away, eyes sweeping over their surroundings. I ought to make myself useful, hunt or something. Could use a meal anyway, honestly, Dante sighed quietly, eyes flashing back to Lumiya. He didn't want to leave her company, but also didn't want to cling like a burr- and he really was hungry.

Messages In This Thread