Lone Star Mountain Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
A hideous shape took form soon after her command. The timbre of her voice carried in to the trees and up the slopes, and as it faded there came the shape: thick-set according to Hime's judgement, and layered in shades of red clay and mud. Their face was the most striking thing about them but Hime was not about to admit how striking that face was, nor how powerful the stranger's aura felt as they approached her, exuding confidence and pride in equal measure. There was something definitive about the way they moved - an arrogance that Hime easily mirrored in herself, but it was strange to see it in someone outside of her own bloodline.

They spoke with that same self-assured candor, and Hime pocketed that introduction alongside her various judgement, to mull over later. It did not bother her to hear this stranger's assessment - as it would hardly bother her on any deep or meaningful level to hear such words fall from any peasant - and yet her harsh expression remained fixed upon her own face.

I am not far, she corrects. She need only raise her voice and someone would come along promptly to assist her, if need be. This mountain looms over my empire. Hime's stance did not shift much, just the tilt of her chin a little bit higher, so they could look at one-another eye to eye. She knew how to carry herself as an Empress should (whether she was currently in power or not).

I have not heard of this court. I presume you are a scout for your betters? A small jab there, easily written off as a mistaken assumption.
Messages In This Thread
Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Orlaith - July 10, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 10, 2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 12, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls - by Hime - July 12, 2020, 06:18 PM